• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2011 Norge bogs down in all gears @ 2400-3600 RPM

jeremiekenney

Just got it firing!
I have a 2011 Norge (~60K mi) am having issues with and wondering I anyone has any suggestions/thoughts. I have scoured the web and Guzzi sites and I can’t seem to find someone else with the same problem and/or a possible fix.

ISSUE: engine sputters/pops/bogs down in all gears between the RPMs of ~2400-3600. This happens only once the engine is warmed up (1st 5-10 min riding typically without issue). Once I get > 3600 RPM it is like I hit a power band and runs fine again. If I stay out of those RPM ranges it runs like it always has.

TRIED REMEDIES: Took it to Vespa/Moto Guzzi shop in Marietta GA- No codes, changed fuel filter, tested compression, and charged a lot to do so without any change. With the help of my father, a retired BMW MC mechanic, we changed plugs/caps/wires, changed battery, cleaned/checked sensors (ABS, wheel speed, TPS, engine air temp). Swapped coils, checked throttle bodies, and unhooked all my wiring for things like heated gear, GPS, Trickle charger.

I am in the U.S. (Greenville, SC) and I can’t find anyone in 500 miles that will touch it. Even Guzzi shop in Texas said they would’t touch it as > 10 years old. My only thoughts left is to try a new ECU but that would be an expensive investment if it didn’t work.

I would appreciate any thoughts or guidance,

Jeremie

I had some weird rev issues with my Breva 1100 once. It turned out to be the 30amp fuses. You could try replacing them and cleaning the holders.

1. TPS Reset. This requires a specialized computer tool. Todd sells his flash tool in the store which can accomplish this task.

I bet it hasn’t been done in quite awhile.

It sounds like your fuel injection map is not in alignment with your throttle position sensor.

2. I would check the hose on the bottom of the airbox which connects to the stepper motor.

Use a flash light. From the right side, look transversely just above the injector. You'll see a 1/2" hose turn upwards to the bottom of the air box. No hose clamp is used here.

Make sure it is connected and I would also put some cleaner down the tube from within the airbox to the stepper motor as well. Use SEARCH for Steeper Motor Cleaning to read more.

3. Once you have a TPS reset, you need to check throttle body balance.

Also, I pray that nobody has messed with what is referred to as The Sacred Screw on the left side throttle body.

If that has been done, you are in a world of pain and suffering.

I wrote this for the Stelvio but the information is applicable to a Norge as well. Please read it entirely and carefully to understand the throttle plate setup and what a TPS reset is actually doing and why.

If all else fails, my workshop is 579 miles from you in Findlay, Ohio. I have everything necessary to get your motorcycle right as rain and I own a 2009 Norge as well.

scottsmotorcycleworkshop.com

Last edited:
Back