• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2011 Stelvio Centerstand center stand problem

henerythe8th

Just got it firing!
I 'ruined' my centerstand this morning.

Stopped to put gas in the tank, tried to put bike on centerstand and bent the arm!

I've put the bike on the stand numerous times with no issue.

NOT heavily loaded or anything--was on my way to work...

When the right foot of the stand is on the ground the left foot is more than an inch off the ground because the arm is bent far enough to keep it that high.

Anyone hear of an issue such as this?

Not heard of a failure but my centre stand was replaced under Warranty last week (2011 MY) by my local UK Dealer.
The replacement unit has extra webbing to strenthen the feet, so yours might have failed due to this issue.
I suggest you contact your Dealer and get hem to check your Frame no., to see if it should have had the update.

1. Remove stand

2. Take stand to local welder and ask it be straightened. Then add gusset to area and paint black with spray can.

It's steel, just have it repaired, should be cheap fix.

Vivo

Each stelvio should get a new stand, goto your dealer and ask for it. the recall is for all stelvio's with some more electrical parts depending on year/model

I called Empire Cycle in Spokane, where I bought the bike.
Tony, the service guy, has ordered a replacement and says that M-G will make it right!

He's supposed to call me when it arrives.

Are there just certain years affected by this recall? I've used my center stand thousands of times and often with a pretty big load and have never experienced this.

Is my 09 part of this recall?

Best bet is to check with your dealer?

Also check out the previous thread on this subject as per my post above as it gives more details on the problem.

as they say, WRONG AGAIN! I just bought a 2010 that had a cam failure at 22000 miles. the stand broke two months ago at 1 month out of original warranty. you can clearly see where a crack has been rusted for a while before the final failure.
the dealer (Riders Hill) contacted Guzzi and they refused to fix it. they also contacted the rep who also said no! this is my tenth Guzzi. 8 having been bought new. I will call Guzzi myself but to say the least I'm not to happy.

I have an '09 Stelvio. I noticed a crack at the bottom of my left fork. I called piaggio in New York and asked if there was a recall for it. They said "no" but there is a different recall - the center stand. I took my bike to the shop. They are going to replace the center stand as the recall states and Piaggio agreed to have the left fork replaced at no charge. Thank goodness!

Here are 2 pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 184
There's a fairly recent post by 'notasweetman' who had his cracked fork welded. This may be worth considering if Moto Guzzi won't replace under warranty.

WitchCityBallabio said:
Are there just certain years affected by this recall? I've used my center stand thousands of times and often with a pretty big load and have never experienced this.

Is my 09 part of this recall?

My 09 has the recall. Funny thing I don't have much use for a centerstand and want to remove it to save weight. These bikes are very heavy to me...

Back