• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2011 Stelvio windshield with Barkbusters

Riverrat59

Just got it firing!
I've been trying to find an aftermarket windshield to solve the buffeting problem with the stock windshield. I've installed Barkbusters hand guards on the bike and the stock windshield hits the hand guards. The hand guards don't interfere enough with the shield to cause problems now. I contacted Cal Sci and asked if their new NTX windshields would work on my 2011 Stelvio since it appears they have cut outs for the hand guards. They replied by saying they don't support Barkbusters. Does anybody have an aftermarket windshield that solves the buffeting problem and also have Barkbusters on their bike? I would rather not have to cut into a brand new windshield. It seems there are only two windshields available for the Stelvio, the Givi or the Cal Sci. Any suggestions?

From another thread - it looked like the hole centers are different between the older and newer versions of the Stelvios when the OP had purchased a Give of a '11 and it didn't line up on the '12

Yes, I saw that post. The Cal Sci website says the NTX windshield is for 2011+, but obviously the 2012 models are different.

You could fit an MRA spoiler to the original screen. They are available in various sizes and shapes. I have one on my Givi screen and it's sorted the buffeting.

Somebody posted on another thread about putting plastic trim on the top of the windshield. I tried a version of that by using a short section of 1/4" fuel line split and mounted on top of the windshield. It diverted the wind quite a bit, so I added a section of slightly larger plastic tubing over the fuel line. That reduced the turbulence to a bearable level. Using leftover material in the garage saved me from having to buy a new windshield.

Riverrat
Hi ,I have barkbusters on my 2010 Stelvio with the std smaller windshield and they do not touch .In fact if you look up the barkbuster web site that is my Stelvio as they used as the test mule for the first kit they made and then took photos for the web site.
I recently fitted narrower Rizoma handle bars with Rox risers and the barkbusters still do not touch the screen.
In the 2 years + I have had the bike I have not had any problems with buffeting but have bought a Laimnar lip to fit on for long distance touring.
Brett

RR,

I just installed a Laminar Touring Lip on my '12 NTX and it seems to help quite a bit. I just returned from a short camping trip and rode most of the time (Southern IN two-lane roads) with my face shield open and minimum wind impact.

By the way, this particular Touring Lip is one that I bought and used on an '09 Wee-Strom and the Touring Lip version (wider and taller than the normal Laminar Lip) may not be available for the Stelvio.

Back