• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2012 V7

andyb

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Does anyone know when the new 2012 model is coming out in Europe? Ir all seems to have gone a bit quiet
AndyB

Thanks Paxo.
I have just spoken with Twiggers and they are expecting to have a demo in a few weeks time

AndyB

I was hoping that the new model would be at Hayward's when I dropped in. Alas they are expecting them in about a month they said,(Accordng to the importer.) I was hoping to learn if it uses the RBW system but no news on that yet.

Pete

Mine is in order, should be here end of the month. Today I was told this will probably be April 11. (Netherlands)

Still waiting for Twiggers to get a Demonstrator....they say they have sold some already, and their Demo is being PDI'd so will be on the road next week.
Has anybody else ridden one yet?
AndyB

I rode the V7 Stone yesterday. It is about 2 years since I sold my 750 Breva so an exact comparison is diificult but the motor felt very nice. No power holes, just a steady power through the rev range (which I kept to 5000rpm as the bike only had 400 miles on it). A little vibration but perfectly acceptable.
Gearbox sweet.
Clutch as always silent.
Brakes and handling as expected - they did the job well
Rear suspension hard - over damped- and jarred on bumps. Maybe tuneable?
Fuel tank great - knee cut-outs looked and felt just right (might need knee pads glued on when cold)
Instruments clear and simple to use - one trip resets as soon as the low fuel light comes on which is neat.

Niggles
Mirrors - useless! Why do they bother fitting them when they have stems so short?
Footrests - too high and far forwards......
Slow weave - I guess it was just this bike, but it seemed to have a slow weave at 20mph. Could have been tight head races or tyre pressures?
RH exhaust for some reason was noisier than the LH one

Panniers - I was told that no hard panniers are available from MG - does anybody know of any others that would fit?

A great bike, an improvement over the Breva - but I need some hard panniers!

Thanks Twiggers for the loan of the bike.

AndyB

Had a chat with my local dealer who was doing a PDI on a new Racer. He said after taking one on a test ride the 10% more power translates to improved torque at the bottom end and a better throttle response, just making it a nicer bike to ride. Not massive changes maybe but the V7 bikes are pretty good to start with.

andyb said:
RH exhaust for some reason was noisier than the LH one

Panniers - I was told that no hard panniers are available from MG - does anybody know of any others that would fit?

AndyB

Sheeees....... the right hand front pipe still too short? :S :blink:

Look for Hepco&Becker. They'll probably provide racks for the V7 models.

Hi Holt,

Hepco + Becker do pannier frames for the V7 Classic - but I think there may be some differences between the Classic and V7 Stone? Things like rear footrest positions - but also around the seat area.

Is the noisy RH pipe a common characteristic? It did not look shorter than the LHS one - just noisier.

Cheers
Andy

Seems like no one is interested in the new 2012 model?

I had another look at it today. Pillion footrests much closer to the seat than on the Breva (compared bikes side by side) so wife will need to be swopped for a shorter legged altermative.
Footrest niggles can be resolved - what are others thoughts on the bike?

AndyB

Here is my Stone with MG Breva Panniers held in place with a Hepco & Becler V7 Classic frame. Perfect fit and 15 minute installation.

Attachments

• P1060985.jpg
    P1060985.jpg
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 513
Mike744 said:
Here is my Stone...
Hmm, I hadn't noticed before that the Stone comes with mag wheels.
So you get to use tubless tyres, right?
I don't suppose Guzzi saw fit to put radials on it?

Beaufort said:
I don't suppose Guzzi saw fit to put radials on it?

Does radials even exist in the dimensions aquired?
And for what would you need a 130 radial?

Beaufort said:
But if they did, what's wrong with radials in 130mm?

Nothing. You just don't need them for the narrow dimension - or the speed you can obtain driving your SB.
Their advantage comes in with lower wider tires at speed. Whatsmore, do not for your own safety mix bias-ply and radial tires on the same vehicle. It will give unpredictable handling!

What you need is a good mixture of "rubber" ( There's no rubber at all in modern tires, it's all synthetic) giving you grip in curves, at braking and in the wet. For some of us, grip at low temperatures as well. By some incomprehensible reason some may prefer lifelength before grip.

Holt said:
Nothing. You just don't need them for the narrow dimension - or the speed you can obtain driving your SB.
What? 130 mm is too narrow for radial contruction?
How about the 120 mm sport tire on the front of my Griso?
That works like a charm!

My wife's BMW's F650CS comes with a 110mm radial, and that works very nicely.

I suppose the 100 mm front tire on the V7 might be too narrow for a radial.
I don't know, I've never tried one.

As for speed, the V7 could provide plenty.
My other bike is a DR-Z 400SM, and even on that little thing, I wouldn't want skinny bias-ply tires.
Why, oh why, did Guzzi put them on the V7?

Back