Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

2013 California Touring - Windshield looks foggy

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by ploose, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ploose

ploose Tuned and Synch'ed

Hello folks, another issue I came across that puzzles me. My windshield (original Touring) looks fogged up. When cleaning it with water/microfibre towel the haze is gone for a short period only (few minutes). Temperatur and humidity change make no difference as is standing still or riding. Wonder if another rider encountered that issue. If you do, let me know how you got it clear again. THX for any feedback.

2. caliman

caliman Tuned and Synch'ed

I use "cat crap" on my helmet visor. That stops the fogging on that and I imagine the screen is of a similar material.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    ploose likes this.
  3. Guzzi_Lou

Guzzi_Lou Cruisin' Guzzisti

I actually had to google that to see if it was a product, lol. It is!

ploose likes this.
  4. omega1

omega1 Just got it firing!

My touring windscreen did the same. I believe it is age related as it is close on 5 years old and simple cleaning with a micro fibre towel doesn't seem to clean it fully.

I removed the shield and washed it thoroughly in the bathtub with a mild cleaner until squeaky clean. I then polished it with Meguiers PlastX and it came up like new. Hopefully it will stay like this for a while but cleaning and polishing is no biggie.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    ploose and Guzzi_Lou like this.
  5. Mackers

Mackers Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Plexus is the go. Designed for the aviation industry. Cleans and polishes plastics.

Vintagehoarder likes this.
  6. Touringman

Touringman Cruisin' Guzzisti

What Mackers said^^^^
    use it exclusively now...awesome product