• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2013 V7 fuel filter strainer

Keith Ryan

Just got it firing!
Hello all. New here. Pulled out my internal fuel pump today to swap out fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator since I was opened up. Noticed my fuel pump filter/strainer was coming apart at several seams. Looking to find a suitable replacement. Can’t really find anything specific for my bike. Can someone point me in the right direction? Would ANY strainer work? Does it matter? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 9FC79073-739E-469A-937B-1B0FA979D329.jpeg
    9FC79073-739E-469A-937B-1B0FA979D329.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 11
This is what you want. Todd sells only the best. Always check the store tab at the top of the forum.
FUEL FILTER
Thanks for the thought and link. He's asking about the strainer.
My advice is to search Amazon or eBay. I found a few that should work, but per the paragraphs above, I will not link them here.

BTW @Keith Ryan - welcome to the GT Forum. Hope you'll add your info to our Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/

Thanks for the thought and link. He's asking about the strainer.
My advice is to search Amazon or eBay. I found a few that should work, but per the paragraphs above, I will not link them here.

BTW @Keith Ryan - welcome to the GT Forum. Hope you'll add your info to our Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/
Will do with the info.

I’ve noticed that none of the EBAY filters/strainers specifically state that they work for 2013 V7’s. (Mostly just list 2017-2018) Does that matter? And why does Guzzi make finding replacements so difficult?

Yes, bought the filter via link from forums.

Last edited:
It’s just the coarse primary debris filter. It’s not normally a service item itself.

Anything similar in design can be made to work.

Unless it has opened up a seam with a large enough opening to allow something decent size to enter, it won’t make a difference as the fuel easily flows right through the mesh and there isn’t any real suction to cause debris to enter the sock.

It just protects the pump from possible initial debris contamination being sucked up into the pump itself and damaging it.

I have repaired the opening seams by melting with the small flat iron foot on an inexpensive plastic welding tool from Harbor Freight Tools < $20

The original seams are ultrasonic welded (melted together) but physically melting the seam back together with heat from this tool, works just fine.

60DBEB97 1813 44EE BA08 2469EFFEBEAE

Last edited:
Hmmm. Makes me wonder if I could use my vacuum seal machine to melt it together? It’s definitely compromised in a couple of places (one seem opened up on one side and completely ripped on another) although, it’s pretty brittle and would benefit from being replaced. Thanks for the assurance.

I bet that would work too. I have one of those vacuum sealers as well and thought about that. It may not have enough heat to melt it but it is work a try. Can't hurt it really.

I’ve noticed that none of the EBAY filters/strainers specifically state that they work for 2013 V7’s. (Mostly just list 2017-2018) Does that matter? And why does Guzzi make finding replacements so difficult?
2013-2020 V7 models are all the same as to the fuel pump. So if the strainers list any of those years, they'll work. I found a few on Amazon.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Guzzi, where production levels and interest are so low that no one makes much for them, as it just makes zero business sense. Then enter the rare one or two (debatably not smart) like me. Thanks for supporting my work by purchasing from the online Store when you can. ;)

Appreciate all the input. I found a strainer that fits nice and snug to the pump at a chain auto parts store off the shelf for less than $10. Happy to leave the brand and part number for anyone else looking if I’m allowed to on the boards.

Last edited:
I will chime in that these strainers are important because a little rust or other debris in the tank that gets into the fuel pump can jam the pump. It may not stop a running pump, but will keep it from starting the next time.

Appreciate all the input. I found a strainer that fits nice and snug to the pump at a chain auto parts store off the shelf for less than $10. Happy to leave the brand and part number for anyone else looking if I’m allow to on the boards.
Please post the brand and #, thanks/welcome.

Please post the brand and #, thanks/welcome.
Delphi FS0001 (BFS0001)

New strainer is installed (green). Old one next to it for comparison (yellow)

Attachments

• 88FB2277-67A1-4520-9D20-F741AE208F84.jpeg
    88FB2277-67A1-4520-9D20-F741AE208F84.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 8
  • B80B4D69-01A9-4698-83BF-7615FDC2FDA6.jpeg
    B80B4D69-01A9-4698-83BF-7615FDC2FDA6.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 8
I will chime in that these strainers are important because a little rust or other debris in the tank that gets into the fuel pump can jam the pump. It may not stop a running pump, but will keep it from starting the next time.
I feel this is exactly what happened. It started that morning. Stalled. Wouldn’t start again. Replaced the battery (still had my OEM on there and it was almost 9 years old!) That didn’t help. Started poking around on the net and found these boards. Decided to replace filter and pressure regulator. Opened up the tank and realized the strainer was very compromised. Lots of odd debris floating in the tank. I’m betting that some debris (maybe even pieces of the strainer) got in the pump and my system wasn’t getting fuel. My new filter is supposed to arrive today. (Still waiting) I hope to have everything buttoned up tomorrow and riding by lunch. Hope.

Make sure you get any debris out of the pump. I have not worked on a Moto Guzzi pump yet, but you should be able to spin the pump freely if it is not jammed. If it is jammed, you may be able to carefully remove the debris without breaking the pump.

Thanks to all for the input and thanks to the message boards for all the cheat notes. Got my filter late last night and installed early this morning. Fired up first crank. Replaced the fuel filter, pressure regulator and pump strainer for less than $100 and a couple hours of my time. (Surely would have paid a shop HUNDREDS to do the same.)

Happy riding.

Cheers!

Thanks to all for the input and thanks to the message boards for all the cheat notes. Got my filter late last night and installed early this morning. Fired up first crank. Replaced the fuel filter, pressure regulator and pump strainer for less than $100 and a couple hours of my time. (Surely would have paid a shop HUNDREDS to do the same.)
Thanks Keith. For future reference, a full rebuild kit including a new pump, strainer screen and related can be had on Amazon/eBay for ~$45.

Back