• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2013 V7 Stone Mistral exhaust questions and Video

Instg8r

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So I had ordered my Mistrals at the same time as my V7.

They said that I should get the crossover pipe as well to replace stock.

But the stock crossover on mine looks very different to the older 2 TB motors.

For one the stock 1tb looks to be a straight pipe, and there isn't a sensor. I guess the older 2tb had a sensor in the crossover??

Thanks

Matt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.3 KB · Views: 1,499
Re: 2013 V7 Stone Mistral exhaust question

Here is stock

Sorry I don't know how to do more then one pic at a time on a iPad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 1,502

Instg8r said:
I guess the older 2tb had a sensor in the crossover??

Yes, the previous bikes had a single O2 sensor in the crossover pipe.

Instg8r said:
They said that I should get the crossover pipe as well to replace stock.

They (or maybe just the parts guy) had no idea what he was talking about. His comments would be appropriate for an older bike. You should just take it back, explain their error, and get a refund.

Thanks

As soon as I looked at the both of them I was like...ummm.....

The Mistrals sound great, I took the baffles out and went for a rip, so far I haven't really noticed any low rpm or low throttle issues...no popping and a lot more power above 6000rpm.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the high rpm improvement. I bet with a BMC hi flo filter and a PCv that it would be further improved.

I have a vid I will post up on YouTube ASAP

Matt

Instg8r said:
So I had ordered my Mistrals at the same time as my V7. They said that I should get the crossover pipe as well to replace stock. But the stock crossover on mine looks very different to the older 2 TB motors. For one the stock 1tb looks to be a straight pipe, and there isn't a sensor. I guess the older 2tb had a sensor in the crossover?? Thanks Matt
Yes, the stock (OEM) crossover was very "fat" looking on my 2004 Breva 750cc when compared to the replacement Mistral crossover.

Both crossovers are 100% straight through, but the OEM has perforated metal baffling inside on the O2 sensor half (that's what makes it bulbous on one side). This baffled area is deep enough to enclose the working end of the O2 sensor, almost as if to protect it.

As you discovered, the Mistral crossover does not include a new O2 sensor (about $200), so you have to screw the old one back in to the threaded hole provided. This leaves the O2 sensor "hanging naked in the wind" as it were, and only time will tell if that is harmful to it.

Now running Mistral cans (DB killers in) and Mistral crossover with a stock ECU. She sounds great now !!

Bad news is lots of popping, reluctant starting, and blubbering at low throttle openings. Sending my ECU out to Todd today for a reflash to cure these bad manners.

I guess the 1TB can better deal with the exhaust. I don't have any popping or stuttering and normal starting even with the DB's removed.

Matt

Wow those sound excellent! It's always hard to tell on Youtube videos how something *really* sounds, but with the db killers in it sounds great. With them out it sounds awesome...and I'm not a fan of really loud bikes. Nice thing is, there's an option.

Great video thank you...pretty much made up my mind

Hey no problem! I love this stuff ..lol

I gotta say I went for 100 + km ride today, with a mix of city and highway without the DB killers. It was starting to get tiring by the end, I think the DB Killers just take enough of the edge off. So short rides no DB killers, long rides DB killers in.

But the power improvement in the high rpm is great, I bounced off the rev limiter by accident. I was passing a slow moving car in 2nd gear it pulled hard all the way until I got that "brap brap brap"... I was like wow....I would have never have bounced the rev limiter by accident with stock exhaust. Low rpm power and torque is still excellent even without the DB killers.

The swap was also an easy installation, I found a way to make it easy to take out the gaskets as well. I'm very happy. :evil: :cool:

Matt

Matt, can you elaborate on your process for removing the gaskets easily? My Mistrals are in the mail, can't wait to get 'em on. I'll post some photos of my scrambler V7. ;)

andrewbrinkhaus said:
Matt, can you elaborate on your process for removing the gaskets easily? My Mistrals are in the mail, can't wait to get 'em on. I'll post some photos of my scrambler V7. ;)

Nice, I love the scrambler look.

The stock exhaust gaskets are a little flexible, but they are generally stuck in there pretty good. I used a flat head screwdriver (a thinner one) and carefully inserted in between the gasket and the pipe, while making sure that the tip of the screwdriver is "scraping" along r pipe and not going into the gasket. Once you see the tip at the other end, you pry the gasket away from the pipe making a "U". Is will shorten the circumference of the gasket and give you a leverage point to put your finger in to remove the gasket. I wish I had taken pics to show you but that's as best as I can say. Mine came out perfect, once they re out you just make them round again to slip over the header pipe.

Matt

Makes perfect sense! Unfortunately I already ordered two of the compatible gaskets from Kawasaki, bummer. Good to know this for the future though! :)

Instg8r said:
andrewbrinkhaus said:

Nice, I love the scrambler look.

The stock exhaust gaskets are a little flexible, but they are generally stuck in there pretty good. I used a flat head screwdriver (a thinner one) and carefully inserted in between the gasket and the pipe, while making sure that the tip of the screwdriver is "scraping" along r pipe and not going into the gasket. Once you see the tip at the other end, you pry the gasket away from the pipe making a "U". Is will shorten the circumference of the gasket and give you a leverage point to put your finger in to remove the gasket. I wish I had taken pics to show you but that's as best as I can say. Mine came out perfect, once they re out you just make them round again to slip over the header pipe.

Matt

I got new Mistral's for my 2014 V7 Special can't get the old gaskets out or the new ones in. Is there a trick to this?

Back