• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2013 V7R with Tekno bags and dash lowering bracket

Carl Allison

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
The dash and headlight have been lowered a bit from stock with a bracket offered HERE. The profile of the bike resembles a V7 Sport more closely now. Sport 1200 mirrors replace the chintzy stock chrome ones. I'm not a big fan of bar ends but I have had great luck with the Sport 1200 mirrors on my former V7 Café and my (past tense) Norge plus they are very reasonably priced. The bags are Tekno's from a V11 Sport with modified brackets. Covered with black shoe dye, they almost look new. Well, sorta.

Looks good, Carl. I like the bags. I need to come up with something very similar.

Carl Allison said:
I think I need a Moto Guzzi sticker right across the fender behind the seat

LOL. Wasn't there a sticker there? I know when I pulled off my number plates I could see one peeking out from under the seat. Can't remember the warning, though (maybe I didn't bother to even read it).

pokeyjoe said:
Looks good, Carl. Did you have any trouble with Ben's bracket? I had to fight mine for a bit (vertical distance between the mounting holes was too long). I like the bags. I need to come up with something very similar.

Carl Allison said:
I think I need a Moto Guzzi sticker right across the fender behind the seat

LOL. Wasn't there a sticker there? I know when I pulled off my number plates I could see one peeking out from under the seat. Can't remember the warning, though (maybe I didn't bother to even read it).

Oh, there was sticker there all right but what would look nice there would be an appropriately sized "Moto Guzzi" sticker/decal. I have some someplace left over from the re-paint on my Sport 1100i bodywork. As soon as I find them, on one goes if it's the right size. I had to elongate the top holes in the bracket downward a bit over an eighth of an inch to get it to fit. That ate some time but the worst part was sliding the tank aft enough to undo the turn signal connectors. I'm glad to see that bullet connectors are a thing of the past. As an after note, the sticker behind the seat hid a nice gouge in the finish that I had to use touch-up paint on. Another good reason to apply a decal - to cover up the touch-up paint.

You can easily disconnect the turn signal wiring inside the housing. There are small push-on connectors on the back of the sockets. I had Ben make a one off for me without holes for the turn signals. I drilled my own. That way I could remove the big spacers on the turn signal stalks and route the wires through a smaller hole (that way the turn signals won't rotate in the big hole).

Carl, all:

I have a 2012 V7R and I am lusting after brackets and side bags similar to yours. Would you please post details on the brackets and bags? Per your pictures I just ordered replacement mirrors, the 1200 Sports look more adjustable. Are they somewhat larger extension I wonder. The stock V7R mirrors, I agree, are poor design.

Much thanks in advance!

Lucydad

How much storage space do you need/want? I use HB Junior bags @30 litres each with a Sealine 75 litre zip duffle secured across the top.
If lightweight camping you have to pack 'smart' but 135 litres is a lot of space.

Why can I not see the photos??
Carl used a host other then here, and now they went missing... I plead to everyone often to use our hosting service, but doesn't happen. Ping Carl direct to see if he has them still.

Back