• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

3 Weeks, 4,400 Miles on a 1200 Sport

Allan

Tuned and Synch'ed
I left Los Angeles late September with the intentions of ridng to the very northern reaches of British Columbia. The farther north I got the colder I got - go figure. The plan was to take a ferry from the northern tip of Vancouver Island to Prince Rupert and then ride the thousand miles through the BC interior back to the US boarder. Cold and snow dictated an alternate route taking me not quite so far north. Next year. The bike ran flawlessly. There were no leaking instruments; the interior of the Hepco-Becker panniers remained dry. The bike started and idled perfectly no matter what the altitude or temperature. I replaced the front tire enroute for something that was more confidence inspiring in the wet. I used less then half a liter of oil and averaged 41 mpg. Enjoy the photos.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandin ... leid=en_US

Nice job, Allan. I see you found the White Bird battle site, so did you also ride the old White Bird grade, which isn't too far away? It has been bypassed by a newer highway, but the old route is still there. It was built by convict labor many years back, and remains one of the more interesting switchback systems in the west. I really like this part of Idaho.

AllansPhotograph.jpg

Daniel Kalal wrote:
Nice job, Allan. I see you found the White Bird battle site, so did you also ride the old White Bird grade, which isn't too far away? It has been bypassed by a newer highway, but the old route is still there. It was built by convict labor many years back, and remains one of the more interesting switchback systems in the west. I really like this part of Idaho.

Daniel -

I did not venture on the road you mentioned. Certainly if I had known about it I would have. I rode the entire length of Idaho and it is now my favorite of any state. It wasn't just the great 'motorcycle roads' and amazing beauty but the friendliness of the people that enticed me. Also, it has to be one of the cleanest states. Of course compared to California, in particular Los Angeles, nearly every other state is cleaner. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could convince the 'other half.'

Are you a Idaho resident?

Thanks for the slide show its pissing down here and I've just spent a frustrating day working on the a 'dragging rear' wheel of my T3 resto so it was great to see some shots of someone else out on the road:cheer: :cheer:
I have many fond memories of big trips on my old guzzi (including my honeymoon) and the old girl(The bike) will soon be back on the road after twenty years storage

I'm waiting for my son and his mates to pass through on their way south to Tasmania.

fxb750 said:
Really wanted to see your pictures, but for some reason the link didn't work. Bummer!

Me too. I get this error:

"We were unable to process your request. Please click one of the tabs above to resume your session. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Back