• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

3G S pretty much rocks

wsholar

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So, picked up the 3G S iPhone yesterday, and jeez, this thing is pretty amazing. Been using the original for almost two years now, and I've been generally happy with it. Yeah, the Edge network is slow (but cheap), and the camera kind of sucked, but I COULD watch live streaming Red Sox games at any WiFi hot spot, and basically, I could never put it down.

But the new one is frikkin' fast-- like browsing the web on my macbook pro when using WiFi. And the migration issues were pretty much seamless. After about 20 min. at the AT&T store getting my account squared away, moving the new number to the old phone (for Owen), moving the old number to the new phone, I went home, synced up the new phone with my old phone's data with iTunes, wiped the old phone, installed a fresh OS, and populated it with parent-approved videos, tunes, and apps, ET VOILA! Done. Owen's phone is ready to roll, and on my new phone, everything worked, no data loss, no funky behavior, all texts, settings, prefs, etc. perfectly intact. Just like using my old phone, only WAY FASTER. And the speaker is louder too, so speaker phone, tunes, video, etc. can overcome all the background noise. And it shoots half-decent video, way better than anything I've seen on any of the other "smart phones." Sweet.

Just had to unload somewhere. Diggin' this thing.

Nice W. I've only had my 2nd gen 3G since Dec., but I dig it. I was ready to jump on the new 3GS, but my techie friends said the battery life was short lived because of some of the functions... especially when using the video cam. You finding this to be true?

Yeah, I read about that, but I keep an external battery with me at all times-- yeah, I'm that addicted. With my external battery, I can play non-stop for about four hours. Maybe it's time to get a second external battery-- they have about the same footprint as the phone, so carrying an iPhone plus two batteries is like carrying three iPhones. I read they had to reduce the battery size to get all the other bells and whistles to fit. Given the performance, I can definitely live with the shorter battery life. Of course, haven't had it long enough to do any field testing, so we'll see how it goes. I would think the one external battery will suffice for the time being, until I need to fly somewhere...

Also, if I had the 3G, I wouldn't run out for the 3G S. I only jumped in now because Owen needs a phone, and it's been two years for me. Got the 16GB phone for $199. Not too bad, all things considered. The 3G plan is an exta $25/month, so that's where they get ya.

So, killing time during a commercial, watching all star game with owen at bj's:
[video type=youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAf___RMGpg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAf___RMGpg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/video]

Back