• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

50,000 km Service Completed

P

PP-1753

I have just completed the 50,000 km service on my 2-valve Sport. As part of the process, I replaced the oil pressure switch, the O-ring for the crank angle sensor, and enlarged the air-box lid to its maximum.

The oil pressure switch was causing intermittent red triangles - now sorted;
The crank angle sensor O-ring had a squared off cross section (probably due to being neoprene) and now sports a viton O-ring, which no longer leaks important bodily fluids and is round in cross section;
The air-box opening still uses a standard filter but enables better breathing.

Changing the oil pressure switch was the hardest part as the tank had to come off, the air-box removed and cables moved aside so I could get a socket on the hex of the oil pressure switch.

All in all I was off the road for 7 weeks, as I had some interstate leave and had to wait for parts as I carried out discovery. A good thing was I met Marion at Thunderbikes in Perth - we had spoken quite often but it was nice to put a face on the voice. He has a phenomenal collection of important Guzzis in his showroom. If any of you get to Perth, you could while away an hour or two there looking and talking.

Back on the road today - love it!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi Oz12

I've had the tank and the airbox off my B12 to replace the oil pressure sensor but I'll be buggered if I can get a socket or standard ring spanner or anything else on the damned thing. Was it a standard 21mm socket and driver you used ?

I'm envious when I see how easy it is on a Cali or Bellagio,must be a one minute job to replace.

On another topic will you be at the Ruptured Budgie this year ? Would be good to catch up

Cheer

Hey Magoo,

The Budgie I do have plans for - however I have applied for a new job down Mexico way (Vic-Bloody-Toria) and that may get in the road. Time will tell, though I was hoping to get there on the Wednesday (as I did last year) and leave on the Monday and make it a relaxing "boys weekend".

I was lucky I had a short 21 mm socket, and it was still a struggle. Luckily I had a 1/2" drive universal joint which went into the socket, and then used a 10" extension and ratchet to remove and replace. The universal joint is the key, I think. Anyway, all good so far.

I am hanging out for the Budgie and I am planning on getting there, though I'll have to wait and see.

I removed the oil pressure sender (thinking it was the cylinder head temperature sensor{some souces quote it as oil temperature sensor}) and I used a 21mm OE spanner. The sensor was not tight and the crush washer was not crushed? I had the devil's own job to get it back in the hole without cross-threading but eventually managed it. The 21mm OE spanner will do the job and it is now tighter than it was previously.! :)

Back