• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

6-Speed V11S Tranny Rebuild,Who's doin em?

mznyc

Just got it firing!
Ive tried numerous things to correct missed shifts and false neutrals and may have run out of options and resort to a box rebuild.
Charlie Cole only does 5-speeds,anybody know of someone who knows the 6-speed boxes and does rebuilds?
Thanks
Michael

Hi John ,you did read my post?Line #3? :shock:
Spoke to him at length on Sunday.He does not do 6-speeds.
Thanks
Michael

Hi Jon
I intended to email Micha about this but he's got his hands full with his regular customers but will do anyway.Didnt know or think Harpers would do these but will try them.
Was hoping someone would KNOW who would be doing these CURRENTLY ,ie.,"I had mine done by so'n'so last year and very happy" etc,etc
Thanks
Michael

I picked these comments from another topic in this forum:
I purchased my 7 B11 from Rosefarm Classics in Chicagoland. RFC is hands down one of the best dealers on the planet.

I've had good results with MGC in Signal Hill. (Calif I think)

I've also heard good things about MPH cycles in Texas.

Have you considered picking up a wreck as a parts bike?

Trout said:
I picked these comments from another topic in this forum:
I purchased my 7 B11 from Rosefarm Classics in Chicagoland. RFC is hands down one of the best dealers on the planet.

I've had good results with MGC in Signal Hill. (Calif I think)

I've also heard good things about MPH cycles in Texas.

Have you considered picking up a wreck as a parts bike?
thanks Trout
I left a message with MPH a week or so ago havent heard back yet probably busy Bike came from them originally
Been looking for a used one on Ebay and V11 forum for awhile but nothings shown up yet
Have heard a good things about MGC so I'll shoot em an email
Harpers said they could do it
Thanks
Michael

Rafael said:
Hi Mike

Have you checked with the guys on thehttp://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?act=home forum?

I know of a euro mechanic in the SF bayarea, that has done a couple of these before but I gave his card away to a V11 rider that is having the same problem. I'll post his name later when I see him at the local Italian Car & Bike show.
Hi Rafe
I live there not many responses to the same question,but if you can come up with the name of the mechanic that would be great.

The Alameda Italian Car and Motorcycle show was great this year. Loads of great Italian bikes -about 70 this year - most ever according to the folks working there. The MV Augustas were absolutely gorgeous!

Mike, you missed a great turn out. Lawrence Giardina of LG MOTO was there, he shares a space with additionmotors.com in Emmeryville his number is 510.473.7247.

You should join the local guzzi group on line at auto.groups.yahoo.com/group/Norcalguzzisti and join us for a ride some time.

Just catching this... I'd certainly call MPH. MGC in Long Beach cannot do them, unless he has a parted bike he can sell you one from, which I think he just might right now.
What do you need done?

Thanks Todd,just saw you response.
I did get a box from Mark at MGC a low milage 03.
My box has been missing shifts for a while now.False neutrals on up or downshifts.
I replaced the single plate Scura unit for a twin plate with new friction plates,hub and clutch fluid.Checked all other things,ie;shift linkage,MC,Slave,shaftdrive,all springs in pre-selector assembly,Motobits linkage installed...Still hit false neutrals.
Took the PS cover off the 03 box ,slapped it on the Scura and voila shifts perfect.First time I heard of a PS bad but may attribute to some of the V11S shifting issues other than the pawl spring.
Thanks
Michael

Back