• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

$650 2005 Nevada 750 information needed

DennisH

Just got it firing!
Hello - I am new to forum. I am also new owner of 2005 Nevada 750 I picked up for $650 USD. I am looking for information. I need to put it back together. Story goes that original owner took it to shop because the transmission clunked or made noise or did not shift smoothly for his tastes. The shop dismantled it years ago and never put it back together. (That's gonna be my job now!) It has been parked inside climate controlled storage with transmission, engine, shaft/swing arm all removed. What is left on the frame is rear fender, air box, all wiring, control cables, front fork assembly with wheel, tire, handle bar, head light all attached. So my project is to put "humpty dumpty" back together again!

QUESTIONS (suggestions?)

1) Wrong solo seat came with it which was in a very big box with - hopefully - all the rest of the parts. Looking for tandem seat. In searching eBay does anyone know what other Guzzi seat might fit the Nevada?

2) Concerning transmission, how would I test it before assembly? Anyone? Or just tear into it to see if there might be nothing wrong with it except what is inherent of the Guzzi trait of it 'clunking' like the older heavy fly wheeled BMWs. In my search, this appears to be common in this Nevada model maybe a cost factor in manufacturing? I have a 2008 1200 Breva Sport and that transmission is amazing how smooth it is to go through its gears - almost like an automatic!

3) Do not know mileage, but appears hardy none. Are "Avon Venom" tires what came on bike from Guzzi? They appear new as does other components which would normally show wear such as bar grips, foot pegs. Once I get voltage to the odometer, mileage will no longer be a mystery! But that will be months from now I suppose.

Hi Dennis, Welcome. Congrats on the great find.

It's possible that the dogs on the gears are damaged, but its hard to tell since there's no accurate history. You may want to open the box and check for damage. It may have just needed a clutch cable adjustment, but you don't know thorough the PO was. Check out http://www.zydecoracing.com/home.html. Charley may be able to help you. The inherent clunckiness of a guzzi trans comes from poor shimming from the factory. A properly shimmed guzzi trans is pretty smooth.

You can search online for parts manuals, then you'll be able to see if there is a common seat with the Nv.

Not sure if the super venoms were OE, but those are my old tonti favorites. Too bad Avon stopped making them for narrow rims. If they are 6 years or older; toss them. I recommend the Dunlap GT-501s, the current Avon RoadRunner are affected by rain grooves in the road.

Good Luck!

DennisH said:
1) Wrong solo seat came with it which was in a very big box with - hopefully - all the rest of the parts. Looking for tandem seat. In searching eBay does anyone know what other Guzzi seat might fit the Nevada?
Welcome to the Forum Dennis, congrats on the score. I believe the Nevada seat is unique. I'll see if I can dig up the part #'s for you.

2) Concerning transmission, how would I test it before assembly? Anyone? Or just tear into it to see if there might be nothing wrong with it except what is inherent of the Guzzi trait of it 'clunking' like the older heavy fly wheeled BMWs. [/b]In my search, this appears to be common in this Nevada model maybe a cost factor in manufacturing? I have a 2008 1200 Breva Sport and that transmission is amazing how smooth it is to go through its gears - almost like an automatic!
You have to assemble and "shift" the assembled box on the bench. Without oil, it may feel notchy, but it should shift smoothly. The clunk isn't something you'll hear until it's mounted and running unfortunately.
I'm not ultra-familiar with the small block boxes, but if they are similar to the big block, then Rafael is correct on the shimming. Charley might likely be your guy unless you are completely hands-on. If so, ring up Dave Richardson at Moto International in Seattle and chat with him and buy his reference book Guzziology.
Your 1200 Sport box is highly refined in comparison. Do know that most all of the pre-'06 boxes are clunky (OK, sans the V11 Sports).

3) Do not know mileage, but appears hardy none. Are "Avon Venom" tires what came on bike from Guzzi? They appear new as does other components which would normally show wear such as bar grips, foot pegs. Once I get voltage to the odometer, mileage will no longer be a mystery! But that will be months from now I suppose.
Avon's are not OEM on this bike.

Have fun with it. Post often.

p.s. I moved this thread to the Small Block Forum.

Hi, nice project you've got. The transmission is the most important issue, so I'll speak to that.

I agree with Gt-RX, put the tranny on the bench and shift through the gears. It's not the same as a test ride, but it's the easiest test that's available out-of-the bike.

Zydeco Racing are Guzzi transmission experts, but as of last year they've never done a smallblock tranny, and aren't looking to learn (sigh).

Reboot Spares, a Guzzi salvage yard, is breaking a Nevada. You might try them if you need something. Although they are in France, it's run by an Englishman.

Joe

Rafael - GT-Rx - sign216 - You guys are GREAT! Thanks for info.

My pleasure... if you want someone to go hands-on with it, ring up Sean Fader at; http://www.rtlmoto.com/ -- I know he also has one ready to go for $250.

GT-Rx said:
My pleasure... if you want someone to go hands-on with it, ring up Sean Fader at; http://www.rtlmoto.com/ -- I know he also has one ready to go for $250.

Todd - I did not find much at that web link except a ph#. You talking about a 'rebuilt / tuned' transmission for $250?

Geeee - Now that I think about it - you probably meant the 'seat' - I will call # on site this PM see what they might have.

Back