• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

95 Cali 1100i replacement exhaust /ECU adjustment

Drumnagorrach

Tuned and Synch'ed
Just got another guzzi after a few years away with Ducati ,its a 95 1100i . Now my exhaust system is a rusty mess ,I would like to replace the silencers with something in stainless ,the front pipes and centre section I have sourced second hand and they will polish up fine but mufflers are a tad expensive so I thought I would make a couple of simple stainless straight through " glasspacs ".
My question is can the ECU be adjusted to suite without going to the expense of a Dynajet
Maybe a tps fudge
Thanks
Lee

The best thing to do would be go with original mufflers. The 95 Cali uses the P8 computer. The only way to update the map that I know of is to burn a new chip.

Per what John says above, the ECU in not adaptive beyond stock parameters. I haven't tried to burn an EPROM in 5+ years, but I could try if you want to send me your EPROM chip. Power Commander is a viable/tunable solution for what you want to do.

Thanks for the replies chaps,
I will look out for a used power commander , and in the mean time use the original silencers, they have a couple of years still in them.
I notice the 1100i pulls stronger than my last Cali 3 1000,understandably it being a wee bit bigger , but there is a falling off in acceleration mid range , it pulls very strong top end . Is this a known characteristic of my model ?
Would a power commander cure this?
Just got the H pipe off and I notice there appears to be an internal crossover in the pressed metal box ( maybe similar but smaller than the box on the crossover on a 1100 sport I used to own ),I intended to make a stainless H pipe as the earlier ones were fitted with . In the past I tried straight pipes instead of the link on a T3 Cali ,there was a noticeable drop in acceleration , quite aware of the reflected wave from the link ,but do you think the large pressed section on my 1100i Cali could hold some extra horses ?
Sorry to keep asking , but any idea what part no of power commander should I be looking for ?
Cheers
Lee

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies chaps,
I will look out for a used power commander , and in the mean time use the original silencers, they have a couple of years still in them.
I notice the 1100i pulls stronger than my last Cali 3 1000,understandably it being a wee bit bigger , but there is a falling off in acceleration mid range , it pulls very strong top end . Is this a known characteristic of my model ?
Would a power commander cure this?
Just got the H pipe off and I notice there appears to be an internal crossover in the pressed metal box ( maybe similar but smaller than the box on the crossover on a 1100 sport I used to own ),I intended to make a stainless H pipe as the earlier ones were fitted with . In the past I tried straight pipes instead of the link on a T3 Cali ,there was a noticeable drop in acceleration , quite aware of the reflected wave from the link ,but do you think the large pressed section on my 1100i Cali could hold some extra horses ?
Sorry to keep asking , but any idea what part no of power commander should I be looking for ?
Cheers
Lee

Well , I chopped the top off the rusty pressed metal link under the gearbox on the exhaust , it's a bizarre interior ,still can't quite make up my mind what Guzzi had in mind . I think it is probably a silencer ,maybe on the Helmholz principle ,anyroad up, it's going in the bin .
I have been unable to find a reference for a power commander to fit my 1995 Cali ... anyone know which one suits ?

IMG 1235

Guzzi called it a pre-muffler. Most just replaced it with an H pipe to make gearbox oil change easy. I suggest you contact Todd direct for Power commander information. However, with just changing to an H pipe and using stock mufflers Power Commander may not be needed.

Guzzi called it a pre-muffler. Most just replaced it with an H pipe to make gearbox oil change easy. I suggest you contact Todd direct for Power commander information. However, with just changing to an H pipe and using stock mufflers Power Commander may not be needed.
Yes , John ,pre muffler would be about right . I have made a h pipe ,and intend to use the original silencers until they rust through ( maybe a year ) Then maybe make up a set of stainless silencers . Who is Todd ?

Back