• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

A Plus for Lighting.

Toadride

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I have known since I bought her that Big Girl has got quite a set on her but with all the summer day riding, and bedtime coming early to an old fart like me I just really haven't been out in the dark with her. Well, last night I went for a visit with old friends one town over and it got to be elevenish before I hit the trail. The moon was up and it was a nice country road back with basically no one on the road so I turned on all her front lights. High beams and all, I was just astounded. Never been on a bike that lit up the road like that. (Think I even heard on the news that the space station guys were heard to comment 'Holy crap, look at that down there. Must be Toad on his Big Girl.') Or maybe I didn't.
Just sayin. Last night she was beamin! :D

You must have a "Peach" there.

Most of the rest of us are trying to figure out ways to get more light.

Do both of your high-beams come on, and the low-beams stay on with them? Or is it wired American-style, and only the right-side high beam is wired to come on?

Lannis

Toadride said:
Both. Full blast

I wired mine so that both high beams came on, and all it did was work for a week and then burn up my switch to the tune of $110. ALL the current for both high-beams goes right through the switch, no relays at all.

Plus the heat from the standard bulbs starts melting the reflectors.

Enjoy the light while you can! I'm seeking relay-driven modern solutions .....

Lannis

With all the critters on the road where I'm goin, night rides will be few and far between.

Stock setting on the 012 Stelvio is both lights are on for high beam. Ride with high beam on all the time and no issues. Refelectors still there and switch still working. Designed to run both. I can see blowing the switch if it was not designed for it. A lot of draw through the switch....

I usually come home from work around 1am. The Stock Stelvio lights suck IMHO. The single bulb on my EV is as good or better, and it isn't that good. If you stand over the front headlight and look down, you can see the bulb filaments in the Stelvio. As in, a lot of the light from the bulb shoots straight up into the sky, lighting up the trees that may hang over the road. Wasted. And over use of the high beam simply melts the plastic reflector as I also found out. I hate plastic.
I added 55 watt driving lights AND wired in the second high beam. That made it better, but still not what I needed to spot the critters in the road. And to wake up the sleepy drivers left of center coming at me. So I installed an aftermarket HID kit. NOW I have some real light. And the Hi/Low HID bulb has a shield over the bulb that reduces the light scatter up in the trees overhead and uses that otherwise wasted light. (i'm not looking for aircraft landing on my head, don't need light up there) Now if I turn the brights on when those sleepy/drunk drivers are heading towards me, the expression of their face is priceless. :eek:

Wayne -

Does the aftermarket HID kit use the original reflectors? Mine are a bit melted, looks like, and I don't want to put in bright new lights if its going to end up all scattered about.

Or do the new HID lights have their own reflectors .... ?

Lannis

Bisonheed said:
The HID burners replace the original bulbs so use the stock reflectors.

Thanks. I'll see if one of our dealers can order me a pair of reflectors .... mine are in pretty bad shape from the heat of the stock bulbs.

Lannis

Back