• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

A question going back to Guzzi V9 Bobber vs Griso SE

Denzis

Just got it firing!
Hi,

Can someone help me with this decision? I have owned two moto Guzzi’s in the past. A 1200 Sport from 2013 and a Griso from 2009. I have sold the sport for a multistrada and the griso because it was not in good shape from the outside.

Recently went to the Guzzi world days in Mandello. And fell in love with the brand again. I have two bikes on my wishlist.

The first one is a Moto Guzzi Griso from 2016 with 4500km on the clock. With a beautifull colour (rosso nero) a Termi exhaust and some extra’s.

It is a bit expensive but not too expensive Around 10k.

The second one is a V9 Bobber from 2019 with 9000km on the clock a zard exhaust and ABS. This one is around 8k.

The Griso will be a pure emotional decision. I love the looks, but I’m a bit anxious about the raw power combined with the lack of ABS. And my own ability to be gentle with it. But man the looks are awesome and the raw power is really sexy.

The V9 is just beautiful and will be a very relaxing ride. A tool to calm my mind after a long day of work.

Both will be my second bike because I also have a R1200 GS Adventure from 2018.

‘’Hard’’ pro ‘’s and cons

Griso +

• Raw power + bigger engine
  • Looks and uniqueness
Griso –

• Lack of ABS
  • A less relaxing position
  • Price
V9 +

• Relaxing and easy to ride
  • ABS
  • Price
V9 –

• Lack of power
  • Boring in the long run?

Last edited:
I would think it’s more about the suitability of the bike for your purpose.
if your just going to cuise around down and day trips the V9
if you want to go further afield the Griso
AND what are you most comfortable on…
(But never having ridden either - you can’t really trust me 🤪 )

I’ve been thinking on this and as an owner of 5 Moto Guzzi motorcycles I have some thoughts.

The Griso is a fun bike. No doubt. It’s got all sorts of things about it to love.

The V9 Bobber is also a fun bike. Yet different.

Riding the V9 will be much less frantic and more relaxed in every regard versus the Griso.

As you already own a fantastic high-speed amazing handling GS (albeit the Adventure is a bit of a big heavy pig), you may wish a gentler ride.

The only other consideration is resale.

The Griso is a better resale than the V9 Bobber. This is just a fact.

Honestly, to me, I really like the V9 but I would only get that one if you intend to keep it for many years.

If you see yourself selling this 2nd bike off in a couple years, then I would get the Griso simply because its resale will be easier and have a higher retained value. (Assuming they are both in roughly the same condition.)

Thanks for your opinion! I think you are spot on. the GS is a fast bike (also heavy indeed) but it is so good it lacks some roughness. Which the Griso (and any other Guzzi) will offer certainly. I'm known to switch bikes often so considering resale is a good thing to know!

You’re welcome.

Looking at your previous Italian mounts, the 1200 Sport ( I own one) and a Griso, I think it is safe to say, you like sporting motorcycles.

Given your familiarity with the Griso already, you may be experiencing pings of nostalgia perhaps.

You might find the V9 a bit sedate compared to what you have owned and currently own.

You’ve said nothing about mileage, condition, price, etc so that data isn’t available to me to evaluate.

You’re welcome.

Looking at your previous Italian mounts, the 1200 Sport ( I own one) and a Griso, I think it is safe to say, you like sporting motorcycles.

Given your familiarity with the Griso already, you may be experiencing pings of nostalgia perhaps.

You might find the V9 a bit sedate compared to what you have owned and currently own.

You’ve said nothing about mileage, condition, price, etc so that data isn’t available to me to evaluate.

You are right.

Griso and the V9 are as new

Griso
4500 km
Termiogni
Original Panniers and tankbag
Original Windscreen
Needs new tires (due to age)

V9
9000 km
Zard exhaust
Original Panniers
Original Windscreen

Last edited:
Can someone help me with this decision?
It’s an easy one. Beyond what Scott states above, go ride them both. Your answer will be clear the minute you let the clutch out and twist the throttle. Since you own mostly big bore motorbikes, the small block will likely bore you quickly. Only those looking to downsize have found happiness in the V7/9 range (with some exceptions, so noted).

Having had a Breva 1100 and currently a V9 Roamer which are close to the bikes you're thinking about, I'd say this.

The shear grunt of the B11 just isn't there with the V9, but for me 90% of the time that doesn't matter
I'm still trying to dial my butt into the seat on the V9. I could empty the tank on the B11, fill it up and do it again - not so much the V9 at the moment
Masses of luggage space on the Breva, but probably 50% less on the V9 which you notice if you decide to go on a mission
Looks wise, I liked the Breva but the Roamer wins hands down on that count, plus I can flat foot it ..... which is nice.

You are right.

Griso and the V9 are as new

Griso
4500 km
Termiogni
Original Panniers and tankbag
Original Windscreen
Needs new tires

V9
9000 km
Zard exhaust
Original Panniers
Original Windscreen

Griso.

I agree with Todd that the V9 will loose its attraction rather quickly for you.

The Griso, you will enjoy immensely as you have in the past.

I had much the same experience with my V10 Centauro. I bought my first, brand new, but by sold it 19 years ago when I moved to Ohio.

Kicked myself repeatedly on that one until I found another one. Granted it’s not as pretty a color as my first and is has some cosmetic issues that never would have ever existed on my first one, but the ride, the sound, the grunt out of corners, is all there just like I remembered.

It is the same motorcycle and I am thrilled to own another one.

I think you will feel the same with another Griso, especially such a low mileage example.

Back