• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

A special thanks to Bill Hagan

Unleaded

Just got it firing!
I rode my first Moto Guzzis today at the invitation of Bill Hagan. To let a stranger from the Internet ride those beauties was an unselfish act of courage, for sure. It was an absolute pleasure meeting Bill, and I can't say thanks enough. And he wouldn't even let me buy him a steak or a beer. Pretty one-sided in my favor, for sure.

I was able to ride both his Griso and his Norge, and they were both completely different than I thought they'd be. Just loved them both. That Griso in particular got under my skin. Didn't know what to make of it at first. It was rougher around the edges than anything I've owned in years, yet refined at the same time. Sounded like nothing else, steered like nothing else....just completely different.

But damned if it didn't get under my skin, had a 4.5 hour drive home, and thought about it the whole way.

Just a great couple of bikes, great guy.

Thanks Bill.

Warm yet? :lol:

Yes, all things considered, riding on a warmer day might have been more pleasant. I thawed about midnight; bourbon helped. ;)

Had a fine time, tho, and that 80-mile loop in Illinois and Iowa included about the best roads one can find around here within an hour. Loud Thunder, New Boston, and New Era Roads aren't the Cherohala, but have their joys, and gave you a reasonably decent idea of the Griso's characteristics.

Come back and borrow the Griso or Norge anytime. And, if you ever get to Cross Junction, the EV always enjoys a romp. Even better, the roads out our gate are as good as anywhere.

Bill

You may think he's a friend now, but when you're trying to find room in your garage for a third or fourth Guzzi and you can't pay the rent because you just ordered a new exhaust system, you'll remember Hagan as the pusher who launched your addiction. There's no turning back now. :twisted:

Mi_ka said:
Hey, Bill , do you have any relatives in Greece? :lol:

No, but I've always enjoyed visiting there. And, just did a google maps "terrain" look at Thessaly. Oh, my. Fine roads.

You are, btw, always welcome in Cross Junction, Virginia, USA. The roads are stupendous right out of our front gate, and we usually have at least one bedroom and a Guzzi available for "qualifying" visitors. ;)

Best,

Bill

Don't even try to fight it...once the Guzzi "bug" burrows in, it is near impossible to get it out :)

Bill Hagan said:
No, but I've always enjoyed visiting there. And, just did a google maps "terrain" look at Thessaly. Oh, my. Fine roads.

You are, btw, always welcome in Cross Junction, Virginia, USA. The roads are stupendous right out of our front gate, and we usually have at least one bedroom and a Guzzi available for "qualifying" visitors. ;)

Best,

Bill
:D
My humble DR is at your disposal should you ever find yourself around here, sir!
Eventhough the road surfaces look much smoother on satelite images, we have plenty beautiful dual sport mountain routes around here that I have yet to discover since I left Athens 18 months ago.
If only this attitude was more widespread among all people!

Mi_ka said:
Bill Hagan said:

Best,

Bill
:D
My humble DR is at your disposal should you ever find yourself around here, sir!
Eventhough the road surfaces look much smoother on satelite images, we have plenty beautiful dual sport mountain routes around here that I have yet to discover since I left Athens 18 months ago.
If only this attitude was more widespread among all people!

Actually, Todd, our Guzzi guru here, is probably responsible for my view of such things.

Several years ago, I was in LA on business. I e/m'd Todd, whom I'd never met, and said I'd like to stop in and say hello.

Next thing I knew, he and a friend led me -- as I couldn't keep their taillights in sight! -- on a grand tour of some of the best roads in the area ... and there is no end to grand roads out there. Todd was on his Jackal, and he let me ride his LeMans. Had a stupendous time, and I have followed Todd's example ever since.

Lawyers -- and I am one :whistle: -- and other worry warts might say that is foolish. I view it as sharing the joy of life. So, Guzzista (and aspiring Guzzista) are welcome in my home and garage, and on my Guzzis.

Thanks, Todd.

Bill

Bill Hagan said:
Next thing I knew, he and a friend led me -- as I couldn't keep their taillights in sight! -- on a grand tour of some of the best roads in the area ... and there is no end to grand roads out there. Todd was on his Jackal, and he let me ride his LeMans. Had a stupendous time, and I have followed Todd's example ever since.

Lawyers -- and I am one :whistle: -- and other worry warts might say that is foolish. I view it as sharing the joy of life. So, Guzzista (and aspiring Guzzista) are welcome in my home and garage, and on my Guzzis.

What a fantastic and refreshing outlook on life. Todd and Bill both. Breath of fresh air, it is.

Don't kid yourself folks...Bill is unnecessarily modest. He won't leave you behind if you ride with him...but it'll most likely be because he doesn't want to. He's a fine rider - swift and smooth. He makes his Norge look like its hard wired to his brain. And calm. The story he won't tell you is that I came in too hot and ran wide on the first fast sweeper we rode, still coming to grips with the steering on the Griso. Front end chattered on gravel on the white line....that wide. Stopped a few miles later, and Bill just smiled and said "that got fun", or something of,the sort, and off we went again.

Thanks Bill, my absolute pleasure. I've been afforded the same over the years, starting from just a kid. I am fortunate to be the third generation rider who has enjoyed family and friends that leave their homes open, and the keys in the ignition of all of their bikes. It's a tradition I will pass along. I've made dozens of friends around the World now offering the same. To me, it's what this, my passion, is all about... and I love to share it. My grandfather Bill Balsis below, who started it all.
On Any Sunday.

Circa '36:
BBalsis_36HD.GIF

Circa '51:
BillBalsis-48-5x5.jpg

Whoa! It certainly seems you know more than a thing or two about bikes in the family!
The nicest thing about this super cool attitude is that it propagates through society once someone rolls the dice, e.g. my DR was donated to me by a simlarly cool friend, I donated my former and needing work NX650 and Aprilia moped to other friends and the biggest chain I ever partcipated in is the change of ownership of four cars between five friends for very good prices and cash "wheeen available"...

I have long had a policy of lending bikes to people if they visit Oz. so far I haven't yet had a disappointing experience with an idiot.

I'm sure if you turned up off your face or exhibited any signs of barminess Bill would of found some excuse to politely renege on the offer, as would I, but generally I find the sort of people who accept such an invitation are overwhelmingly good and sane-ish.....

Daniel Kalal and some Dutch bloke who was working in the Gulf both borrowed my Griso for a couple of weeks. It came back in one piece and its insured anyway so......???

Pete

Back