Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Additional Travel Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by Mayakovski, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

Hello Everyone;

I am taking a two week trip from BC to Alberta and back in a week or so. Now the wife has gotten very nervous about what happen if I get in a accident and need full time 24 hour nursing for the rest of my life.

Are there any ways to get additional coverage beyond ICBC/Megson FitzPatrick that I have? I do also have coverage through Pacific Blur Cross via work, but SWMBO has determined that it would cost $8,000,000 for just the private 24 hour nursing so the coverage's I have do not come close to that. I did say if I need that level of help pull the damn plug but she's not having any of that.

Any suggestions or thoughts here mates?

Thanks

2. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I like the pull the plug solution. Beyond that I can't be of any help.
    An accident of that magnitude can happen any day by any number of causes. Riding a motorcycle just changes the odds a little.

Mayakovski likes this.
  3. BrianR

BrianR Tuned and Synch'ed

I live in BC and ICBC covers you interprovincially and you have Blue Cross and likely some coverage via your credit card. While travelling within Canada, the portability criterion of the Canada Health Act requires that insured hospital and physician services are covered at host-province/territory rates as well. Just how big an accident is your missus contemplating you are going to have?:D:D

Mayakovski likes this.
  4. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

She's worried I'll have the big one and require full time nursing support for the rest of my life. I did make it clear last night, if no working body, then pull the plug. I will not be a brain in a jar. I think we are making progress.

5. BrianR

BrianR Tuned and Synch'ed

Have a safe ride

Mayakovski likes this.
  6. DeadEye

DeadEye Cruisin' Guzzisti

I’d make sure she hasn’t made any changes to your life insurance coverage !
    If you could be a head in a Jar on the Simpsons that would be cool !

Um, don’t we have “Free” Heath care :p

Mayakovski likes this.