• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

advice please

piperx

Just got it firing!
Hi all I am new to this forum but have been lurking for awhile. I am wondering about prices on a griso. I have found a new 2007 and was quoted $9500us OTD. What I am wondering is if this is as great of a price as I think it is or should I try and get it down a little more. I have been lusting over the griso since I saw the spy shots years ago and am finally in a position to buy one.(and have never ridden one). Any help is appreciated.

matt

The price all depends on how bad you want one and where you live. It could be better but for me that would depend on if you're going to get any support after you buy it or are they getting out of selling Guzzi's. I've seen used Griso's with less than 5000 miles on them for 7k and under. I would recommend trying to get to ride one before you buy it. They don't ride weird or anything but if I was going to buy a new bike and paying extra because its "new" I'd definitely want to try one out. What part of the country are you in?

I will definitely ride before I buy. As for support I will be in the pacific northwest so I believe there is a good dealer up there. The bike i am looking at is a zero mile bike. I was just wondering if I should try and talk them down a little bit more. thanks again.

Also I am currently in Canada so the msrp is around $17k so I have never seen one this cheap but I am unfamiliar with the prices of them in the states I am just wondering about the current value.

I'd try and talk them down a bit, there's no harm in trying
if they don't want to deal you could always call around to see if someone else does

I'd also give the guys at Moto International in Seattle a call to see what deals they might have.

Definitely no harm in trying to haggle them down a bit or maybe try getting a few extras thrown in to sweeten the deal? flyscreen/a bit of luggage ETC or a service deal ? i got £250 knocked off mine with very little effort. (used 08 G1100 with 400miles on the clock)

stu

Talk to the local dealer first. I managed to get a brand new, crated 2009 8V last year for $11,700 negotiated. That's a fair price considering MSRP was @$14k. There are quite a few deals I've seen for new 2008 and 2009 models. The trip to buy a bike at a significantly better price may offset travel costs.

-Drew

Thanks for the advice guys, going to look at it soon I will see what happens then. Hope I like the ride because it sure has been great eye candy for a long time.

matt

piperx said:
Thanks for the advice guys, going to look at it soon I will see what happens then. Hope I like the ride because it sure has been great eye candy for a long time.

matt

I can't imagine riding a Guzzi and not falling in love with it!

Good luck with your impending purchase. :D

Bruce

Well, I bought my G11 as I figured it was the best looking production motorcycle ever (and it helped that I have a soft spot for Guzzis). I still find it a disappointing ride; unacceptably shunty at low speed to my mind. I'm hopeful for the 003 map which I'll be going for shortly. Take a good long ride across a lot of different scenarios before deciding.

piperx said:
Also I am currently in Canada so the msrp is around $17k so I have never seen one this cheap but I am unfamiliar with the prices of them in the states I am just wondering about the current value.

I am also in Canada and just (last week) took delivery of a 2007 Griso - imported it myself (easy). All costs in I paid about $10k (cdn) The bike is new - only 8 km on the clock when it arrived at my house - 4 of those were me test driving in Seattle. The dealer was selling it for 8K. The rest is hard bags, new handlebar, windscreen taxes and fees.

The dealer here had(has?) an "out the door special" for an 8V 2009 at $17,000. Bike only.

ya I figured that if I import one here it would be about $8600 no extras. We are thinking about moving down to WA again so I will decide on the bike after the moving decision is made. Canadian mark up is insane. I didn't like the ergos of the 8v a little too aggressive for me plus I have heard about too many issues with the 8v engine.(not sure if they are true or not) but we are going down next thursday so I will ride the griso and maybe a aprilia shiver as well.

I bought a new in the crate '07 from Moto International in Seattle, OTD at just over $9000. I haven't even picked it up yet, but I bought it last fall and they had several at that time.

Back