• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

After Market Exhaust

bronco_breva

Tuned and Synch'ed
I’ve been looking for a new end can for my Breva for a while. I’ve seen the cross over’s and full after market systems but the cost was too high. I also wanted to keep the cat (good for the environment)

A few weeks ago I contacted Motad who have made after market systems for years but they had nothing for Guzzi’s. So I left my bike with them for a week and this is what they came up with.(see pic’s)

It sounds fantastic, there’s a deep throbbing sound from the system on tick over and acceleration but it’s not intrusive or anti-social, it’s also legal, although it does have a removable baffle for the hooligans out there. It’s been fully tested, gas flow etc, so there’s no need for expensive re-mapping of the ECU.

Now Motad have got the pattern the they are available direct from the factory. If you want one e-mail sales@motad.co.uk , They post worldwide. Check out their web site http://www.motad.co.uk/

This system is for the 1100 and will fit the Norge as well. It also fits with the panniers using the lower bracket. And the centre stand sits higher, so less grounding.

Will it fit the 1200? I don’t know, but if someone has the measurements of the pipe coming out of the cat we can compare it to the 1100. The rest is the same.

Make your Breva sound like a Guzzi and not a scooter.

Now for the best bit.... the price.... £150 Bargin.

Me likey too, but happy with my Quat-D
Of course we have all gone out and bought aftermarket exhausts already so don't know how many they will sell, but it looks good!
Don't think i've seen a Breva with the stock pipe fitted for ages ;)

Both the B-1100 and the B-750 have a Mistral pipe(s) and crossovers. After much deliberation I chose Mistral as they are a perfect match up and resonable $$. :cheer: Although to make your Guzzi sound like a Guzzi that it should be I totally recommend replacing the Crossover also. The Breva will be much happier. :woohoo:

londonrob wrote:
Yes, as will your ankles in hot weather! :laugh:
How about it it:eek:hmy:
Not only does the bike run and sound great the overall heat level came way down. Check out the stock bohemuth Breva xover:silly: and the new Mistral :woohoo: :

Brian UK wrote:
If it's made for the 1100 Breva, then it will NOT fit the Norge any more than it will fit the 1200 Breva as both do not use the cat crossover.

Sorry my mistake, I thought the Norge and the Breva where the same underneath.

Where is the cat on the Norge?

Does the Norge share the same silencer with the Breva?

Bronco.

I'm stopping by my local dealer, WWW.Rosefarmclassics.com tomorrow on my way to the Iowa Guzzi rally. Jim is going to pull the stock colostomy bag and put on a Mistral crossover. I love the Breva, but it's so quite I can't take it any more, I understand the Mistral lets it sing a bit more!

Also I believe Jim has a new upload for the ECU. As I understand it, it's made for the 1200 Sport, supposed to increase midrange power, but it works on the 1100 as well, at least that's my understanding to this point. If it will work on the B1100 I think I might give it a whirl.B)

hi really liked the look of the exhaust and the spring clips.also that the engine dosent require re-mapping. is it possible to re-fit the original back on say for an mot if its an issue with the examiner?

Corn Oil Kid wrote:
I'm stopping by my local dealer, WWW.Rosefarmclassics.com tomorrow on my way to the Iowa Guzzi rally. Jim is going to pull the stock colostomy bag and put on a Mistral crossover. I love the Breva, but it's so quite I can't take it any more, I understand the Mistral lets it sing a bit more!

Also I believe Jim has a new upload for the ECU. As I understand it, it's made for the 1200 Sport, supposed to increase midrange power, but it works on the 1100 as well, at least that's my understanding to this point. If it will work on the B1100 I think I might give it a whirl.B)

Does anyone know the part number for this new map??

are those rims painted with that pinstripe, or are they vinyl?

Im really keen on putting that on my G11, please fill me in!

roadscum wrote:
Corn Oil Kid wrote:

Does anyone know the part number for this new map??

I don't know a part #, he did tell me that you have to first have access to a Axone, and an active subscription which is not free, to Piaggio's tech center. And on top of that you have to have the password. Without the password it will not load new material, no matter what the Axone claims.

I like the new set up. Not as loud as I was hopping for, but it is a bit louder. Does spool up faster, seems to pull cleaner and harder in the mid range. I don't know if that's the crossover, or ECU map or both, but I like it!

I'm still looking for an under seat or right hand exit exhaust option to show off the beautiful one sided swingarm/CARC assembly.

I've seen one or two custom setups, but nothing off the shelf.

Anyone know of any?

thebuddha wrote:
I'm still looking for an under seat or right hand exit exhaust option to show off the beautiful one sided swingarm/CARC assembly.

I've seen one or two custom setups, but nothing off the shelf.

Anyone know of any?

Buddha: Contact Todd Eagan (GT-Rx on this forum) for a right side exhaust. If you go that route, please post pics.

bronco_breva wrote:
Sorry my mistake, I thought the Norge and the Breva where the same underneath.

Where is the cat on the Norge?

Does the Norge share the same silencer with the Breva?

Bronco.[/quote]

Breva & Norge have different crossovers as well as cans. Catalytic converter is in the crossover on the Breva, in the can on the Norge. Agostini can for Norge has removable cat & db killer & is certified for Euro 3 emission standards with it in. Looks like the Mistral has the removeable db killer, not sure about cat. Absense of cat could be a legal problem in Cal due to recent/pending legislation-if you get caught.

It takes 5 minutes to change the can back to the original. I have just MOT'd my bike and it passed with the new can fitted. There is a removeable baffel but I haven't tried it yet, but it may make the engine run lean, proberly ok for a short Sunday blast to wake the neighbours.

Bronco_Breva

nibor wrote:
hi really liked the look of the exhaust and the spring clips.also that the engine dosent require re-mapping. is it possible to re-fit the original back on say for an mot if its an issue with the examiner?

They are vinyl "MOTRAX MOTORCYCLE WHEEL STRIPES" 7mm, available on ebay or any good bike shop. They come with an aplicator that guides the tape onto the rim, it took me an hour to work out how to use the guide and 10 minute's to apply the stripes.

Bronco_Breva

Spaceclam wrote:
are those rims painted with that pinstripe, or are they vinyl?

Im really keen on putting that on my G11, please fill me in!

Strange.I have just looked on the Motad website and they do not list anything for Motoguzzi.
I know it has been a while since the first post on this thread but still curious.

Back