• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

aftermarket parts for v7 stone?

francod123

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Among the many things I'm considering for my '13 Stone, can anyone recommend black anodized spoked wheels for the v7. I'm thinking this is something I'll do next season after I empty my wallet this season on other things. If there is an Italian company that would be a plus (trying to keep the italian vibe going on my bike ;) ) Obviously, I know how to search the internet but thought anyone might have some input or referrals. Thanks again.

No Italian vibe at Woodys just great wheel smithing, and outstanding customer service.
Take alook:
http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/home.htm

Another option in the USA is:
http://www.buchananspokes.net/

The most cost effective option may by to buy a set from Guzzu and have them anodized black.
Other wise it may be difficult to find a wheel hub that will work.

My suggestion is to give Woody a call and see what he has to say. If he can't do the job and knows who can he'll make a referall.

Regards, Paul

Awesome. Thanks a lot for the help and the links guys, I appreciate it. Something to consider for sure.

I am forming a business relationship with Borrani's new tubeless spoked wheels, designed for the V7. They won't be cheap however. If you want to stay in the more economical side, and you're going from tubeless cast wheels to spoked, you might be able to find someone with a V7 Racer to trade you, otherwise you'll have to source the hubs first, then pay someone for the spokes, lace and rims. Count on ~$900 just for those three. Contact me direct if you're interested in the Borrani wheels.

GT-Rx said:
I am forming a business relationship with Borrani's new tubeless spoked wheels, designed for the V7. They won't be cheap however. If you want to stay in the more economical side, and you're going from tubeless cast wheels to spoked, you might be able to find someone with a V7 Racer to trade you, otherwise you'll have to source the hubs first, then pay someone for the spokes, lace and rims. Count on ~$900 just for those three. Contact me direct if you're interested in the Borrani wheels.

Those look very nice indeed, thanks Todd. Hopefully sometime next year perhaps...want to do some other mods first that are pressing into my brain daily. By the way, I know you said to remind you of any emails you haven't yet replied to because I'm sure you were swamped with them over your break. It's a thread we had going (francod123@gmail.com). I'll shoot you a reminder email also.

Todd, looking into the Borranis for next season. Any chance of being able to mount radials on these?

The wheels are only half the equation on fitting radials. The other half is that the smallest radial I can find for the rear is 150mm. I doubt that you can fit that in the rear swingarm. The driveshaft side is pretty tight.

As stated above... depends on the tire size that will fit of course. If your question is more to do with tubeless, then yes. Happy to get pricing on the Borranis when you're ready.

GT-Rx® said:
As stated above... depends on the tire size that will fit of course. If your question is more to do with tubeless, then yes. Happy to get pricing on the Borranis when you're ready.

Any more info on these Todd? So, Borrani are now making tubeless spoked wheels, but the V7 can still take Borrani's usual spoked rims that require tubes correct? Tubeless spoked sounds more convenient anyway, but any benefits or drawbacks to either in comparison?

francod123 said:
Any more info on these Todd? So, Borrani are now making tubeless spoked wheels, but the V7 can still take Borrani's usual spoked rims that require tubes correct? Tubeless spoked sounds more convenient anyway, but any benefits or drawbacks to either in comparison?
I've had a few interested in the tubeless Borrani offering, but they are very expensive (close to US$3k). All spoked V7 wheels are tubed, and the new Stone wheels are of course tubeless.

GT-Rx® said:
francod123 said:
I've had a few interested in the tubeless Borrani offering, but they are very expensive (close to US$3k). All spoked V7 wheels are tubed, and the new Stone wheels are of course tubeless.

Holy shit that is expensive. $3K huh…that's gonna have to wait a while for me.

Wish there were some weight specs out there for the Borranis...can't find anything. I'd like to know how they compare to the cast wheels on the V7 Stone. AF1 has the cast wheels listed at 11.05 lbs for the front, and 12.95 lbs for the rear. I like spokes but don't want to get into heavier territory really.

I will dig into the Borrani info if you really want to spend the $. I'll have a bare cast rear wheel to weigh on Monday during a tire swap.

Back