• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Air box delete

kyle whalen

Tuned and Synch'ed
Had anyone physically deleted their airbox and installed a k&n type cone filter to the end of your throttle body? i didn't know if someone out there has done it. I know your pcv system is part of your airbox soo i wasn't sure if I wanted to mess with that just tossing the idea around

Kyle, it's been done with the "old" pre-2013 engine. As I recall it was a ton of work, which one didn't see until you got knee deep into it.
A search here might bring up the old thread.

Why on earth would you want to do that, just to be different? Why not customize your bike in an easier and less destructive way, like by putting a couple of big dents in your fuel tank.

Yeah I didn't know im not trying to cobb something or anything I'm not like that I just saw a thread that someone did that on a older pre 2013 and didn't know of anyone had done it on a newer single tb. No need to be a douchbag.

I was looking inside my air box the other day. Looks like a very open system to me. Don't know that there would even be much gain at all to eliminate this air box, pretty darn open flow from that stock filter to the inlet as it is. Plus the issue with that oil return breather system they have tied into it.

Better to spend energy on suspension or exhaust systems.

Yeah I know. I actually have my tb out and on its was to todd as we speak for a new map For my exhaust I have. I was just looking at it all taken apart and thought. But your right, I really should go at my front forks considering how terrible our roads are and they bottom out constantly. Sorry you guys

It was a fair question, and I don't think anyone was trying to be mean with their answer. I think the answer is "There is nothing to gain from doing so and much work involved.". As you now see there are much better areas to focus your time and resources for real gains. Suspension is a great place to start.

I did it on my 2010 V7C. It ran way too lean. I actually had to fabricate an airbox to give my filters a still air intake. Running straight K&Ns on the throttle bodies, I would open the throttle and the bike would hesitate until the fueling caught up. It created a momentary lean condition. The airbox helped a lot.
Good question, glad you asked it!

Back