• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Alaska buttpad

coldcanuck

Tuned and Synch'ed
guzziben47 said:
Now I just need a seat pad so I can stand being on the bike for long periods of time.

With respect to your butt problem, check out the offerings from Alaska Leather (http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com). I had to drive 3,000 miles from Seattle to Ottawa in seven days with my new Stelvio, and I knew my butt cheeks would have taken issue with the trip. I ended up ordering a Deluxe Buttpad from Alaska Leather and it was awesome. The last three days were 700 mile days and my butt felt as if it was sitting in my fancy Aeron chair at work!!!

The buttpads are made from sheepskin. I don't recall what their recommendations are, but I rode through some torrential downpours and I would simply dry it overnight in my hotel room and it would be good to go in the morning. For Dual Sport bikes they come with two straps to secure it to the seat. The front strap hooks around the horn of the seat and rear strap is a removable strap they sits semi-permanently under the seat (meaning it sits there until you remove the seat to remove it).The Stelvio isn't listed but you should order the one for the BMW R1150GS as the seats are very similar. That was their recommendation and it was a fine fit. You can get a 10% discount if you use the discount code "deadsheep" (Alaska-style humour, I suppose).

I feel discomfort on the stock seat after 2 hours of riding without the Buttpad. As I said, with the Buttpad I was doing 12-hour days with no discomfort at all. If you're having butt pains it will be the best $70 you ever spend because a sore butt takes the pleasure out of a long ride. They also make a Buttpad for the pillion seat.

coldcanuck

I might give that a try. I've read the Airhawk seat pads are really good too. And I gues the other option is to have the seat reshaped so it is more level and less sloped forward (Sargeant Seats can do that type of work for you), but that would mean taking the bike off the road for a while....

They recommended I purchase the Dualsport Deluxe and it fits quite well.

http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/servlet/the-16/Sheepskin-Motorcycle-Seat-Cover/Detail

Note that just covers the main saddle. If you ride two-up, a lot, you might need a pillion buttpad as well or a larger one that covers both. Contact Barb at <buttpads at alaskaleatheronline.com>. She was quite helpful in helping me select the right pad because I was the first Stelvio owner to order.

coldcanuck

guzziben47 said:
And I gues the other option is to have the seat reshaped so it is more level and less sloped forward (Sargeant Seats can do that type of work for you), but that would mean taking the bike off the road for a while....

Have you tried putting the front of the seat on the high position and the back on the low position? I actually have the front sitting above the high and the back on high and have found this really helps as it gets rid of most of the tilt forward.

coldcanuck said:
They recommended I purchase the Dualsport Deluxe and it fits quite well.

http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/servlet/the-16/Sheepskin-Motorcycle-Seat-Cover/Detail

Note that just covers the main saddle. If you ride two-up, a lot, you might need a pillion buttpad as well or a larger one that covers both. Contact Barb at <buttpads at alaskaleatheronline.com>. She was quite helpful in helping me select the right pad because I was the first Stelvio owner to order.

coldcanuck

Not really, I've had two of these pads for well over 16 months on my Stelvio. I have two separate pads, I paid the extra $$$ to get the extra attaching point sewed on the front pad because I do a lot of standing on the pegs. The extra front attaching strap keeps the pad on the seat rather than shoved up my a$$ when I stand up. :woohoo: :lol: B) :) :p :laugh: :silly: :blink:

I paid the extra $$$ to get the extra attaching point sewed on the front pad because I do a lot of standing on the pegs. The extra front attaching strap keeps the pad on the seat rather than shoved up my a$$ when I stand up.

Kurt,

The DualSport Deluxe comes with two straps, a permanent one in the front and a detachable one towards the rear, for that very purpose. Did you order a pad other than the Dualsport that only comes with the detachable strap and have the front strap added? I know it says somewhere on the website that they'll ding you an extra $5 for the front strap to be added. I would say that's $5 well spent because the sheepskin would likely shift on you as you get on/off the bike.

Cory

coldcanuck said:
I paid the extra $$$ to get the extra attaching point sewed on the front pad because I do a lot of standing on the pegs. The extra front attaching strap keeps the pad on the seat rather than shoved up my a$$ when I stand up.

Kurt,

The DualSport Deluxe comes with two straps, a permanent one in the front and a detachable one towards the rear, for that very purpose. Did you order a pad other than the Dualsport that only comes with the detachable strap and have the front strap added? I know it says somewhere on the website that they'll ding you an extra $5 for the front strap to be added. I would say that's $5 well spent because the sheepskin would likely shift on you as you get on/off the bike.

Cory

I'm not sure which one I purchased, I just measured the seat, looked on the web site, place a call to confirm some information, was talked out of the gel pad with the sheep skin and placed my order with the additional $5 strap. The drivers seat is shaped just (almost) like the seat, might be a curiser pad, the rear pillion model I got for the wife is almost square.

It will work until I either break in the seat (18K miles and that hasn't happened yet) or purchase a Russell Day Long this winter when I'm a$$hole deep to a giraffi on a 50' ladder in snow.

Maybe we (collectively, Guzzitech) should see who wants a Russell Day Long seat and negoicate a group buy for this winter, it's usually 10 - 15% off retail, need to have a 50% deposit in by week before Xmas and schedule your time slot, I've purchased two seats this way through Russell.

Back