• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

All new singing and dancing Callifornia (NOT)

caswain

Tuned and Synch'ed
OK, six weeks in to owning the new Moto Guzzi 1400 California my17 edition

Collected it on 18th March to find that the mapping system was not compatible for the UK market

As it would not change over to MPH, I have searched for a PDF manual and asked Moto Guzzi for one that reflects the model of my bike, still nothing from Guzzi.

Before I got the new model I already had the 2014 version for three years and decided to update to new version as all the accessories for the old model matched the new version so the Guzzi web site was telling me.

It was only after I took possession of the new bike that I found that was not the case, the heated grips would not fit, even though they were on the web site advertising them I have now learnt that Moto Guzzi have no plans to produce heated grips for the new model.

Also the new bike is, about one & half to 2 inches higher, when I am sat on it due to new suspension system, the stats on the web site say it is the same as the old model, so I am now what I describe as tiptoe when stood still, not good for such a heavy bike so I’m not as confident on the new one as apposed to the old model, I have the same seat from the old bike and wound the preload all the way down and it makes no difference.

Next thing is I purchased the multimedia platform and it came in a plastic bag with no instructions on how to install it or use it, I had to find that out for my self but it still would not connect to my phone

I contacted Moto Guzzi for advice on this and still had no reply after two weeks, so I took the bike in to the dealer for its first service and hey presto they cant work it out either and informed me that I am not the only one in the UK having trouble with the media platform saying there is a software issue.

I am really beginning to regret parting company with my old Guzzi and if I could have it back tomorrow I would with out a shot.

The moral of the story is (if it’s not broken don’t mend it) and don’t believe a word that Moto Guzzi say as I have found to my cost, this will differently be the last Guzzi I buy as it looks like they have gone back over to how they operated in the 80s and 90s

Should have bought a Triumph Thunderbird !
  • :wondering: :wondering::wondering::wondering:

Good points ye it’s got two wheels at least :wondering:

OK, six weeks in to owning the new Moto Guzzi 1400 California my17 edition

1. As it would not change over to MPH, I have searched for a PDF manual and asked Moto Guzzi for one that reflects the model of my bike, still nothing from Guzzi.

2. It was only after I took possession of the new bike that I found that was not the case, the heated grips would not fit, even though they were on the web site advertising them I have now learnt that Moto Guzzi have no plans to produce heated grips for the new model.

3. Also the new bike is, about one & half to 2 inches higher,

4. Next thing is I purchased the multimedia platform and it came in a plastic bag with no instructions on how to install it or use it, I had to find that out for my self but it still would not connect to my phone

1. You received an owner's manual that came with your new bike. If you did not, have your dealer give it to you. There are instructions on how to change from MPH to KPH. SInce you bought the bike in the U.K. your dealer should have set it up for KPH.

2. The 2017 California uses the same throttle as the MGX-21 does. That is, there are no control cables running to the throttle, only wires. If you search here you will find discussion about heated grips on the MGX-21. This will apply also to your 2017 California.

3. That's just weird. 1 1/2 to 2 inches higher?

4. Have your dealer produce the installation instructions.

You bought a new bike from a dealer, correct? If you have not done so, you need to have a talk with your dealer.

Hi Roadventure
1, I did receive the manual but it is not ideal for reading as it is mulitlinqual and it briefly skates over the new items it's not in depth ( were applicable) and you can not just print off a page and take in the mancave to work on the bike and if you get oil and muck on the page just throw it away
2, I have commented on this site priviously about the heated grip conundrum
3, maybe I should buy some high heel boots :)
4, Dealer never recieved any installation instructions and are just as flabagasted as me, The dealer is spot on I have known them for years and are well thought of in the area

My grivence is with Moto Guzzi whom are ultimately responsable for ensuring that the end product includes all manuals and health and safety info

don't get me wrong I do like the bike it is my second, it just leaves a sour taste in your mouth when you spend what is a lot of money on your new pride and joy and find the manufacturer has not done there home work on the end product to inform prospective buyers, but then again we are talking about the Italians, the menu in my local pitza shop is better writen

If it's like the earlier models, then the owner cannot change from KPM to MPH or vice-versa. It's a dealer function.
It was set to KPH, in the UK we use MPH
The dealer could not change it because the mapping software was not writen for the UK
The dealer this week had to connect it to the Italian HQ for them to download the UK mapping
so the MPH could be swaped over
I am going to pick it up tomorrow but there is nothing they can do for the media platform
as Italy have said there is a software problem with it and there scratching there heads on it
thats why am anoyed because there releasing items that are not fully tested across the board
and its the customer who pay a lot of money to them to be beta testers when all we want is a bike that
work properly
My dealer is also anoyed about it he does not want a bad name but just to sell reprable machines

It was set to KPH, in the UK we use MPH
The dealer could not change it because the mapping software was not writen for the UK
The dealer this week had to connect it to the Italian HQ for them to download the UK mapping
so the MPH could be swaped over

I'm positive the mapping has nothing to do with the ability to switch between KPH & MPH. Is your dealer fairly new to Guzzzi?

I'm positive the mapping has nothing to do with the ability to switch between KPH & MPH. Is your dealer fairly new to Guzzzi?
Sorry that was my termenology I ment to say the ECU software
The dealer has been going for quite a few years now dealing in Guzzi
like I said it's not the dealers fault, Moto Guzzi treat them like mushrooms
and customers like wise
look them up on the web Teasdale motorcycles in Thirsk UK

that's why am annoyed because they're releasing items that are not fully tested across the board and it's the customer who pays a lot of money to them to be beta testers when all we want is a bike that works properly

Well then you are REALLY going to be annoyed when you learn that the entire bike was released to customers as a "beta test".:oops:

Actually, it is not as bad as it may seem.

My grievence is with Moto Guzzi whom are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the end product includes all manuals and health and safety info.

Don't get me wrong I do like the bike it is my second, it just leaves a sour taste in your mouth when you spend what is a lot of money on your new pride and joy and find the manufacturer has not done there home work on the end product to inform prospective buyers, but then again we are talking about the Italians, the menu in my local pizza shop is better written

In general, I agree with you.

Back