• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Allan Key Front Mudguard bolts

Mal

Tuned and Synch'ed
Mine was a bit loose a while ago, obviously I didn’t tighten it enough as it’s missing now.

Anyone know of a quick easy way to get some matching ones in Australia? And should I be tracking down some locktight to use on these too?

Mal,

Bunnings!

I recently lost a bar end weight while touring the Apple Isle. Bought a new weight, but they wanted something like $24 for the allen bolts (they are rather long and other places I tried couldn't help). A trip to Bunnings and I got 2 for $12.

The only difference is the new ones aren't shiny.

Robert

Bunnings could be a plan, there is also a place called Boltmasters near where I work, that sounds promising.

According to the parts manual its an AP8152302 and there are only 8 on the bike. 4 holding on the “water cooler grill” :lol: that you remove to take off the tank, 4 for the front mudguard and 2 on the rear faring. They all look sort of important, although I might be able to pinch one off the rear faring plus it's under the seat so I could hide a non shiny ones from bunnings under there :D

Currently to secure the mudguard I’ve borrowed AP8152339 a screw that holds the black plastic cover on the footrests but it’s only 10mm long while the AP8152302 is 15mm long with a non threaded tip.

Any idea what a useful description of “Screw w/ flange” it might be and I can call a few places to see if they have something suitable?

I went down to Boltmasters. Apparently it’s an unusual screw, the guy though it was probably off a faring assembly on a motorbike :) But I got a 12mm screw that will do for tomorrows trip. I’ll hide it under the seat till I get a pretty replacement and use the correct part on the mudguard.

Also got some Holdtite T22 (equivalent of Locktite 222 low strength, purple threadlocker designed for fasteners under 6 mm that require occasional adjustment) to use on the mudguard bolts. While it might have been the same one getting loose all the time, it’s something I do notice when cleaning the bike so I think they need a hand to help them hold on, especially if I’m going to be flogging them to death on a bumpy road for over 5 hrs @ +110kph. (while cracked it’s reassuring to see the exhaust is still hanging on :lol:)

Hi Mal
If you haven't found a suitable replacement parts try Coventry Fasteners - 92-94 Duckworth St, Townsville QLD 4810(07) 4728 6633‎.
If you have no luck there send me a PM and I'll find something here in Sydney

All the best

Steve

Thank you for the offer and the info Steve. Nothing fell off this trip so the replacement seems good for now :) but I will check out Coventry Fasteners and I’m sure the Guzzi agent can get me some at the next service if it comes to that.

They say the only stupid question is one you don’t ask, so……. :dry:

Now that I’ve got locktite on the bolts, how do I check to see if they are still tight. Usually I just try to tighten everything up a bit but if I move the locktite ones does that break the seal or something (I’m basically just giving them very light pressure but not actually moving them)

Back