• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Alternative windscreen - clarification?

Luma46

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I have been searching the site for some suggestions on alternative/larger windscreen for my 2012 NTX. I have found few, mostly about the CalSci XL and the Givi D610ST screen. However, it seems like most posts are from 2009/10 model owners and I am not sure if the comments are applicable to the 2012 NTX model as well.
The CalSci site is referrencing their windscreens to the 2009/10 model, which had originally a smaller screen than NTX. As well, there seems to be an issue with the NTXs hand protectors hitting the CalSci screens in extreme handlebar positions.
Could anyone with NTX model comment on this and what is their experience with alternative screen(s).

I can't comment on screen fitting for a 2012, But would like to know if the 2012 stock screen will work on a 2009. I believe the 2012 is.. wider? If they will fit I would be interested in a 2012 screen, if you decide to replace yours. It might take a short time before they offer a screen for a 2012 because its a new bike/screen and also a small number production bike. Rifle in my town here (broke off from Vetter) and they can make you a screen with a template like your original most likely. I would like a screen alternative with more coverage (wider) I have a taller but....I like the 2012 faring and screen better. ~T~

DucDucGoose said:
I can't comment on screen fitting for a 2012, But would like to know if the 2012 stock screen will work on a 2009. I believe the 2012 is.. wider? If they will fit I would be interested in a 2012 screen, if you decide to replace yours. It might take a short time before they offer a screen for a 2012 because its a new bike/screen and also a small number production bike. Rifle in my town here (broke off from Vetter) and they can make you a screen with a template like your original most likely. I would like a screen alternative with more coverage (wider) I have a taller but....I like the 2012 faring and screen better. ~T~

I just installed an MRA Vario wing with great success. Goes right over my helmet. Buffeting all gone. Ride up to 140 KPH with my helmet visor up. Worked for me....

canuck1969 said:
I just installed an MRA Vario wing with great success. Goes right over my helmet. Buffeting all gone. Ride up to 140 KPH with my helmet visor up. Worked for me....

Which MRA model is it, the x-creen? Looks like they discontinued all the other models...

Luma46 said:
canuck1969 said:

Which MRA model is it, the x-creen? Looks like they discontinued all the other models...

You are correct. It was this one here. Do a search on the forum. Some guys posted pics of it on their '12 Stelvio

http://aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/produ ... uctid=1088

I found that the Givi screen, was more affective than the others. The Givi screen has a lip at the top which seems to help deflect more wind. One of those small things you can't tell without having it in your hands. :D

1. Remove factory windscreen.

2. Take barn door and drill appropriate mounting holes.

3. Mount barn door to front of motorcycle, being careful to be able to just barely see over the top.

4. Go riding in your new air-free-handles-like-a-motorcycle-with-a-barn-door-strapped-to-the-handlebars environment. (A Honda Civic would have been a better choice and probably cheaper in the long run.)

:p

I know it's a personal choice thing but every time I see a motorcycle with one of those plastic barn-door / sails strapped to it, I just cringe. I guess there are some advantages to being 5'9" :lol:

Hey, maybe they make one of these for the Stelvio?

strangest-motorcycle-3w.jpg

gdp said:
kirb said:
I'll be putting 2500 miles starting Sat on this:
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorc ... 4-025.html

I'll post up some reviews after my trip.
...This is the solution that I've come up with also...attached to the Givi screen...mine is an '09...the faster red one of course...

Almost went for that one but was always concerned that it would crack the screen since it only attaches at one point. How does it handle in the wind. Does it flex the main screen at all.

:D Being 6' almost 3" I installed the Givi tall screen with the X-creen, works great :D

I've ordered a Laminar Lip on my '12 NTX. I have previously used a Laminar Touring Lip on my Wee-Strom with success. The company only makes the smaller version (not the Touring Lip) for the Stelvio. Their website, http://www.laminarlip.com shows a picture of one mounted on a Stelvio.

I'm heading to the Ohio Guzzi Rally later this month. That will be a 700 or so mile weekend, so I will be able to give some impressions of how it works.

Hi
I tried a Laminar lip on my Stelvio and found that it didn't make that much difference to the buffetting.
I have since tried a Touratec extension and that was better, I am currently trying an Aero-Trim. Not as good as the Touratec as I still get buffett. I am 6' tall and always ride with the screen about 1 cm up from the lowest setting.
I have found that the higher the screen, regardless of which extension I use, the buffett increases to unacceptable particularly at motorway speeds. I have tried each extension at all heights and the 1 cm up is the best around option for me. I think the main problem might be that I rode in a bubble of calm on my previous bike, a Honda Pan-Euro 1300 and perhaps am chasing the impossible on the Stelvio. This is my 5th Guzzi by the way so I am not new to the marque.
Happy riding
Nik

Just reading of interest about NTX Screen.

I've also tried different variants to the screen, I did purchase the Aero-Trim which works well (not perfect) but i also put two large washers under the screen (at lower screen fixings) this put a better tilt on screen.

It's as good as at will get without putting a (barn door on).

Marshy. :)

Back