• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Altitude sickness

elkgrichard

High Miler
Went up to Tahoe today and the bike once in awhile had trouble taking the gas or adjusting to throttle inputs. I found it was best to roll the throttle on slow or it had trouble taking it skipping and hesitating a bit. It also had trouble starting up there and going to a clear idle, wanted to go to one of them surging idles and then it would clear out after awhile. Got back down to lower elevation and it was back to normal.

I've had carbureted bikes behave better at altitude.

I've always wanted an EFI bike because I thought they ran better. I don't think it's that much better from what I can tell thus far. Well...... the little sucker will give me 50 plus MPG, can't complain about that.

When I first got the bike it ran fine up in them mountains. Since they put that so called up grade download into this bike it's been different.

By "upgraded download" do you mean a new factory map? If not you may want to go back to a factory map or have Todd's reflash performed. If you are running a factory map, hook the bike up to diagnostic software to see if the barometric pressure sensor (built into the ECU) is functioning properly. If it isn't that could be your problem.

Odd. My RentAGuzzi V7R has been to nearly 10k ft from sea level, and exhibits zero running issues.
I have a copy of this OEM "updated" map, and nothing I can see is any different then the older one. Perhaps as John says, check what the ECU is reporting or have the dealer do so. If that checks out OK and you want it fixed, happy to be of help.

This was a factory up grade done at the dealership. I think something went wrong during this download, barometric pressure sensor must not have loaded properly. These dealerships are horrible these days. What the hell happen over the years?

This was a factory up grade done at the dealership. I think something went wrong during this download, barometric pressure sensor must not have loaded properly. These dealerships are horrible these days. What the hell happen over the years?

Explain to the dealer your issue. Request they re-load the map. It might help.

I think something went wrong during this download
Really not possible, either it loads or it fails. It is more likely a "tweak" of algorithms. Downside for you is they can't go back usually. I can be of help putting it back to the old map, or update you to mine, but it would take a ride in. Couldn't hurt to ask them to load it again, but I suspect you'll have he same end result. Worth a try I guess.

This bike was running great before the new download. However, the idle is much better at cold start with the new up graded version.

It runs OK below maybe 6,000 feet.

The "old" EFI engines had an altitude sensor that corrected the map. I'm pretty sure the new bikes have it too.

How about pulling the plugs the next time you are up high to see if you are lean or rich.

Back