• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

And then there were three

Been working through the 16,000 mile maintenance
Did the valves and plugs today.
I’ve had it on a ( what Scott would call a Sub-standard ) battery tender over the winter.
It was getting hard to start last fall , the last couple of rides.
it crankes over decently , smells of gas, but didn’t start :(
New battery time ?

Last edited:
Been working through the 16,000 mile maintenance
Did the valves and plugs today.
I’ve had it on a ( what Scott would call a Sub-standard ) battery tender over the winter.
It was getting hard to start last fall , the last couple of rides.
it crakes over decently , smells of gas, but didn’t start :(
New battery time ?
just check it with a volt meter it's fine

😇

...hey scott what's with the hammer

I’m just about done writing much. Rapidly losing interest because people just take everything for granted and more so, I’m truly getting sick of people in the peanut galley and their negativity towards everything I write anymore.

People who have been members for years and years and have never said diddly squat but they will stop and criticize me left and right.

It’s worn completely thin. I know GTM feels the exact same way too.

Last edited:
I’m just about done writing much. Rapidly losing interest because people just take everything for granted and more so, I’m truly getting sick of people in the peanut galley and their negativity towards everything I write anymore.

People who have been members for years and years and have never said diddly squat but they will stop and criticize me left and right.

It’s worn completely thin. I know GTM feels the exact same way too.
Scott, Please don’t take out poor attempts at humor, personally.
They were not intended to be criticism or taken as such, certainly not from Tobinh.
He was trying to make light of my use of a low end battery tenders , and how you strongly encouraged us to « shit or get off the pot » and buy something decent.
I think you know « who your friends are » here.

Don

Last edited:
Oh no…not you guys at all! 😳.

You guys are all awesome.👌👍🙏👏

I’m talking about people like TheNewNew 🤮 and others who have never said anything before in years but if I write something then I write too much, too little, too mean, too blah blah blah.

Then they become nasty and call me “Scotty” which is not my name at all, and start in with the degrading insults and ad hominem attacks.

I just get sick of it. People are nasty anymore.

I take a lot of time and many revisions to create a lot of the stuff I do. (Time I could spend quite easily on myself. I’m retired and live a very beautiful and comfortable life. I honestly really don’t have a care in the world to speak of. )

It takes a huge amount of effort and although I do not do it for accolades or applause, but rather for the joy and camaraderie of Guzzisti everywhere, you just get tired of being kicked in the teeth repeatedly by the peanut gallery.

Now, my severely autistic son Jordan is with us for the weekend and I have been requested to go to breakfast in his Ural GearUp sidecar motorcycle, so I’m headed for the shower and going for a ride with my sweet boy.

Hope you all have a beautiful day!

Last edited:
Scott:
People reading your posts should realize that they come from a good place and with the best intentions. Too many people take constructive criticism as actual criticism instead of a more dispassionate viewpoint. Unfortunately this is rampant through a lot of forums, don't let the keyboard clowns get you down:shake:

Thank you very much for your kind words everyone.

If it weren’t for lovely people like all of you, I would have abandoned ship long ago.

Now, I just have to figure out how to finagle tobinh to let me pry his lovely Nuovo Falcone out of his hands! 🤔🫣🤭

😁😁😁

Which motorcycle is this? Is this your V100?
No,no, even I know I only have to take off the seat and 4 screws on the V7 :rofl: ! IMG 3200

The R1100S, :wasntme: using the bodywork allowed the engineers to be as true to their design and architecture as possible.
The battery is Under the fuel tank very close the the center of gravity ( I imagine) and the air box is in between / above/ below the carburetors. I cannot imagine how it would come out which crossed my mind for an instant when the clips on one of the screws on the frame that holds the air filter broke loose.

It was an 4 hour job, maybe half me playin hide and go seek looking for 4 of those screws.

PS, I replaced the corroded Phillips screws with those shinny hex heads so I would not need to do this again
( Using the Tank pressure on the Screw driver to get the Nearly stripped screw head Out !!!)

IMG 3198

Last edited:
Back