• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Andrew and Team Fly at Spa !!!!

5154Guzzi

Tuned and Synch'ed
Received a text at 02:34 this morning, 7/3 " 18th out of 70, 1`st Guzzi home. "

Congratulations Andrew ! Bloody well done !!!

Thanks Bill. The winning Guzzi of the Seguras was disqualified for a petty reason. Huge shame as they were flying and thoroughly deserved the win.

Here's the bike post race. The bike ran flawlessly and we were consistent.

The exhaust crossover broke on the cool down lap so we dodged a bullet there.

Attachments

• AGrey-Spa1-11.jpg
    AGrey-Spa1-11.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,517
  • AGrey-Spa2-11.jpg
    AGrey-Spa2-11.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,517
Congrats Andrew! I've added a second pic sent to me (by Andrew). Look forward to hearing all of the details when you return.

From Andrew, enjoy;

[youtube]i0w30MBsb3U[/youtube]

I read your article in MOTORCYCLE CLASSICS, under the title "Mission in the Ardennes".

Great article and awesome racing.

I wish there were more pics of your bike, but I am by no means complaining.

I think I will read it again with some yerbe matte.

If anyone has not seen/read this, head to your local Barnes and Noble (I really wish Borders was still open) and pick up the issue is green with an orange Rickman CR750 on the front.

GREAT STUFF!!!!

Well guys, that was a fantastic read, would love to here and see more on the bike and its mods etc

Fire away?
Ok, I noticed your Mk3 tacho needle spends a lot of time where there are no numbers.
How hard are you reving it, genuine rpm not Vague Liar?
What mods for reliability?
What mods for power?
Chassis/brakes/suspension?

Hi.

The tach is actually pretty accurate. It's turned so redline is vertical. We would rev it to between 7 and 8 k in the gears. Redline was a safe 8k. Peak power is at exactly 7k. 80 rwhp. Dyno tested.

Power mods: Megacycle x10 cam,41mm Dellortos and ported heads. Sport 1100 headers, custom H crossover and mufflers.

Reliability mods: Carrillos, Ti pushrods and careful sizing of rod bearings to crank .0018" clearance.
Gearbox and tranny built by Charley Cole with low dogs taken off for easier shifting. Careful assembly.

Stock MK3 frame with a big slab of aluminum tying the tranny to the frame. Suspension by Maxton UK. CBR internals in the front and their version of Konis at the rear. Also Guzzitech battery tray. Astralite wheels.

Back