Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Another Foot Peg Question...

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by mpk, Aug 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mpk

mpk Just got it firing!

Hi All,

I'd like to lower my foot pegs on my 2008 Norge. I see that many folks recommend using Goldwing pegs to lower about an inch, which would be perfect for me. However, I don't see any recommendations for what year Goldwing to use (and god knows there are options). Also, these posts on foot peg lowering are a a bit old - like my bike - so there are a lot of broken links.

I'd appreciate any current recommendations.

Thanks

2. JJ Eckerman

JJ Eckerman Just got it firing!

I went with the Goldwing pegs, myself...aftermarket ones for the last era - looked for around '08-'10. The only issue I've run into is the kickstand occasionally bumping into the peg, but for me, it's not unbearable, although I'm considering putting a rubber block somewhere to shim the kickstand. I did lose a screw, so lock wire has been my buddy!

One thing that I have noticed is the footwear that I use affects my foot geometry - something that I never considered when I first bought my Norge. I changed to another pair of boots, and I have zero issues with shift throw now.