RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny handmade business. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Another No-Start Condition Resolved

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Guzzi_Lou, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Guzzi_Lou

Guzzi_Lou Cruisin' Guzzisti

So last weekend we had some warm'ish weather and I decided I'd install my new MG heated hand-grips. Followed the instructions and the only annoyance was finding the connectors for the grips in the mass of wiring in front of the tank (2-side panels and 1 in front panel required removal).

To find them involved a fair amount of grabbing and moving of various wiring harnesses. I had looked at the male end on the grips so new what type of loose female end I was looking for ... anyway, finally rooted the suckers out and got it all connected and put all the panels back.

I go to start the bike and nada ... not even a click. I assumed something came loose while I was grabbing around and looked until it got too dark and cold to continue and put the cover back on figuring it'd be Spring before I look again.

Well yesterday was another fine day so I went at it again and found the below. I pushed the loose pin back in and wrapped it in electrical tape so it wouldn't pop off again.

Lesson learned ... be careful! Makes me also wonder if those few having/had issues with their bike (MG Mike for example) may have just had something as simple as this happen??

[​IMG]

James Chance likes this.
  2. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

I always work on the premise that if something stops working just after you have done something, then you probably caused it. Go back and check what you did.
    If something stops working and you have not been anywhere near the bike then it is more likely a proper fault.

Patrick Harris likes this.
  3. GFMCO

GFMCO Just got it firing!

I put the heated grips on a month ago and also had a heck of a time digging out the wires. I started going crazy and had to start disconnecting plugs (and marking them) to finally dig them out. Worth the minimal effort - the grips are fantastic!

Yarvis likes this.
  4. Guzzi_Lou

Guzzi_Lou Cruisin' Guzzisti

Yep, agree with you both!!

5. Mike Tryon

Mike Tryon Just got it firing!

Just installed heated grips on my 16 Eldorado. Had to go digging to find the darn wires I was cussing up a storm for a minute there. Once I found them it was easy peasy lemon squeezy!