• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Another Ticket Dismissed!

SoCalDon

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Ok, it ain't no fluke.
Pulled another "venue change" court date with a No-Show Cop.
Two in a row, this year.

Hey Socal Don, Got a speeding ticket from Highway Patrol on HWY 118 yesterday. Any suggestions on how to get it dismissed???? :(
Did you just changed the court date and location....did you postpone the ticket at all?

Gijoe,

Sorry about that.
I need to place credit where credit is due.
Bobby D is the one that convinced me that the Change of Venue works.
The trick?
You need to ask for it at the time of the ticket.
Otherwise, I'd wait a week before you need to check in with the county clerk then get the extension.
Not the kind that Jon needs, but the kind that delays processing.
Kick the can as far as you can.
When it comes down to requesting a court date, push it out as far as you can. When you pick a date, look for a Monday if it’s available.
Ask for an afternoon time. That will put the cop in traffic on his way home. Make it as inconvenient as possible for him. Give him reasons not to show.
If your ticket takes you to Chatsworth, on your court date, they will offer traffic school for anyone not wanting to fight the ticket.
Don't take it unless your Cop is there. If he is there, you will loose unless you have Jedi powers.

SoCalDon said:
Gijoe,

Yep, I gots not tickets and a reduction in insurance costs due to good driving records and no tickets, give it a try..... you wont have to do the smoke and mirrors return, just accept the laws that society had determined were in your best interest.... :)

Jon's advice is best.
I try like hell to aviod the ticket in the first place.
BUT, if I get one, use techniques to increase the odds of getting out of it.

Set your speedometer to kph, that ought to keep you out of a lot of tickets :silly:

guzzi jon said:
SoCalDon said:
Gijoe,

Yep, I gots not tickets and a reduction in insurance costs due to good driving records and no tickets, give it a try..... you wont have to do the smoke and mirrors return, just accept the laws that society had determined were in your best interest.... :)

With respect, I have to take issue with your last statement. Although many traffic laws do make sense and keep us safe (full stop at stop signs and red lights, slower speeds in school zones, impaired driving legislation, etc.), most speed limits are quite arbitrary and artificial, designed solely for the purpose of revenue enhancement for state and provincial authorities. They have nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with money. When Montana had "reasonable and prudent" as the recommended speed on major highways, most traffic tended to adhere to a self-imposed limit of around 70-75 mph, which was in fact quite reasonable for those roads. Montana only imposed a 75 mph limit after being essentially forced into that position by a Montana Supreme Court ruling that struck down "reasonable and prudent" as being vague and unenforceable. In my home jurisdiction of Ontario, Canada, the speed limit on one of the busiest stretches of highway in North America (Highway 401) is 100 kilometres per hour (around 62 mph). This road was originally engineered and designed to handle 70 to 75 mph traffic, so where is the logic in imposing the 100 kph limit?
While it makes sense to stay at or close to the speed limit simply to avoid being ticketed, don't kid yourself that this somehow also enhances road safety.
Cheers,
Bruce

That would be true if all road users were reasonable, responsable, and in full, permanent control of their impulses.

They're not.

Of course speed limits have something arbitrary. But they set a reference, and make it less likely to have situations with widely different speed differences.
Pure speed isn't the most dangerous thing in traffic, speed differences are much more dangerous. But that danger increases with absolute speed.

BTW, in this country, one can get fined for excessive speed (or sound :p) given the circumstances ... and that's purely to the LEO's discretion. But, since the violation hasn't been quantified, there are no 'bonus points' associated with it.

RJVB said:
Pure speed isn't the most dangerous thing in traffic, speed differences are much more dangerous.

I agree! So let's get rid of all the minivan drivers who can't seem to drive faster than 10 KPH under the speed limit! :lol:

Bruce

BravoBravo said:
guzzi jon said:
SoCalDon said:
Gijoe,

With respect, I have to take issue with your last statement. Although many traffic laws do make sense and keep us safe (full stop at stop signs and red lights, slower speeds in school zones, impaired driving legislation, etc.), most speed limits are quite arbitrary and artificial, designed solely for the purpose of revenue enhancement for state and provincial authorities. They have nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with money. When Montana had "reasonable and prudent" as the recommended speed on major highways, most traffic tended to adhere to a self-imposed limit of around 70-75 mph, which was in fact quite reasonable for those roads. Montana only imposed a 75 mph limit after being essentially forced into that position by a Montana Supreme Court ruling that struck down "reasonable and prudent" as being vague and unenforceable. In my home jurisdiction of Ontario, Canada, the speed limit on one of the busiest stretches of highway in North America (Highway 401) is 100 kilometres per hour (around 62 mph). This road was originally engineered and designed to handle 70 to 75 mph traffic, so where is the logic in imposing the 100 kph limit?
While it makes sense to stay at or close to the speed limit simply to avoid being ticketed, don't kid yourself that this somehow also enhances road safety.
Cheers,
Bruce

Just a note, i agree that the majority of traffic tickets are simple revenue based activity. hence the smile icon. Those that know me know that I tend to ride in a safe manner, with some condsideration to posted limits, traffic levels, leo proximity etc. I suspect that a small percentage of road safety and speed limit laws really increase safety, but I will take that limited improvmement in safety over anarchy The folks on this forum who ride with me know what I speak of, I am not a supporter of the overbearing police action to gain revenue and inhibt our ability to ejoy our sport... Really

guzzi jon said:
Just a note, i agree that the majority of traffic tickets are simple revenue based activity. hence the smile icon. Those that know me know that I tend to ride in a safe manner, with some condsideration to posted limits, traffic levels, leo proximity etc. I suspect that a small percentage of road safety and speed limit laws really increase safety, but I will take that limited improvmement in safety over anarchy The folks on this forum who ride with me know what I speak of, I am not a supporter of the overbearing police action to gain revenue and inhibt our ability to ejoy our sport... Really

Then we are ad idem! Can't disagree with what you are saying. Sometimes irony is lost in Internet postings. :D

Cheers,

Bruce

People do get ticketed for traveling too slow. They then get extra attention when it comes to DUI roadside tests.

Back