• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anybody need a rear seat platform

bigtex

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Hey guys,

Now that I am out of the Stelvio fold, I have some stuff laying around the garage that needs to get out of here.

Back in the day I did an Iron Butt ride and added an auxiliary tank for fun. I made up a plate that replaced the rear seat, latching on to the stock seat mounts and providing a platform for the tank.

tank009.jpg

The Stelvio is gone and the tank parts have been re-purposed, but I still have the seat platform, a piece of garage engineering that worked amazingly well.

baseplate.jpg

tank003.jpg

So, anybody need a platform for luggage or a gas tank or a case of Nitro Milk Stout or ...? Pay the postage and it's yours.

Platform is claimed, thanks! I may have a couple of other left overs in the garage - anybody want the high front fender? I do have the tank bag and a couple of other items on Ebay right now.

Bigtex, I was recently brain-storming about making one of those! Is that aluminum or steel? My idea was to have the plate like you have then a rack on top of that for tieing gear to - similar to what they used to make for the Bimmer GS. Thanks for the additional inspiration.

Platform is actually a high-tech plastic polymer, otherwise known as a thick cutting board I picked up at a local bed & bath place :D

Very stiff, easy to machine, and the bend was surprisingly easy with a table edge and a propane torch.

Auction ended last night. I guess I really should have hyped the auction here - not much of a businessman, no wonder I'm always broke.

I do have the stock plastic bash plate if anyone would like it.

Tex..

Brilliant idea using the plastic. I hadn't thought to use cutting board plastic for fabrication but I did use a rubber door mat for padding on an arm rest. I wanted firm, not foam.

Vivo

Hey Big Tex! I just put 2 & 2 together and figured out you are the guy I bought the tank bag from! It's awesome ... thank you so much. It was the high fender comment that made the light bulb go on!

I was just going on the forum to see if there was a conversation about how to mount the tank bag. I get the back part, that's easy & the same as the Famsa that I will be selling. How exactly does the front strap go? I put it on this evening but the front seems a little unstable. Does anyone have a photo I can check out?

Do you still have the high fender? I think it looks great on the Stelvio!

Robert

woul like to fit the rear seat platform on my NTX 2009.
pls advise what's the pay for postage.
thx
JKNTX
Joost Kruiswijk
Netherlands

would you send me the nice 3 D drawing??

I would very much appreciate;
plse mail send a personal message

thx
Joost

Sorry, haven't been frequenting this forum.

Joost, I did pass on the platform to our very own leader Todd. Even sadder to say, I lost the CAD info due to some very poor backup work and a laptop change.

Robert, I'm sure you have it figured out by now, but the front straps just make a loop around the frame, just behind the head if I remember correctly.

bigtex said:
Sorry, haven't been frequenting this forum.

Joost, I did pass on the platform to our very own leader Todd. Even sadder to say, I lost the CAD info due to some very poor backup work and a laptop change.

Robert, I'm sure you have it figured out by now, but the front straps just make a loop around the frame, just behind the head if I remember correctly.

Thanks bigtex, yea I think I have it on there pretty good. Can't say it's gonna hold all that much but it sure looks good!

Back