• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anyone have a charcoal canister they want to sell?

cgalardi

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
In messing around with my Stelvio I broke one of the nipples off the charcoal canister. I have the hose temporarily reattached but if anyone has a charcoal canister they want to sell let me know.

Thanks,

Chris in Omaha

Why not Just get rid of it Chris... Does nothing to improve the bike and I as others have found better idling and in the case of a Norge, reclaimed extra space under the seat. Easy to do.

I took it off, as well as the grey/black tipover valve. The bike ran terribly. I don't know why. I put the stuff back on and it runs much better. Again I don't know why. i don't want to mess with it any longer and just want to get it back to how it was with the canister in place. I am tired of messing with it and just want to ride it! My LeMans is getting all the exercise lately :)

So if anyone has a canister....... :)

cgalardi said:
I took it off, as well as the grey/black tipover valve. The bike ran terribly. I don't know why. I put the stuff back on and it runs much better. Again I don't know why. i don't want to mess with it any longer and just want to get it back to how it was with the canister in place. I am tired of messing with it and just want to ride it! My LeMans is getting all the exercise lately :)

So if anyone has a canister....... :)

I have 3 available, one for a Norge , one for V7C and one for a Cal Vin if any of the part numbers match you can have it for postage. What part number is it ?

You sure you didn't route the bypass hoses incorrectly ?

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the offer. I cannot find the part # as I can't seem to locate the Stelvio parts manual. Visually it looks identical to one I have seen on my friend's Breva 1100. One 1/4" fuel line on one side, one 1/4" and one 3/16" fuel line out of the other side. Looking at pictures of the canister on a Norge it looks exactly the same visually.

Oh, btw, a fella from J-ville emailed me the other day on Facebook. he had just bought a new Breva and wanted to know about any Guzzi clubs in FL (musta thought I still lived there). Is it okay if I give him your email contact info?

Thanks Dan,

Chris

I've had a problem since I removed my charcoal can. I had the can disconnected and it ran great; I removed it and now it runs crappy. I figure it can't be the can; it must be something I did when I removed it. I tried to make the vent better, so I'm going to undue what I did there. I also re-sync'd the carbs. I don't understand how what I did could possibly have affected the sync. But something went wrong somewhere.

Neeedless to say I'd be interested to know how things turn out for you....

When you eliminated the can, did you plug the holes/hoses going to the throttle bodies? Otherwise you'll introduce an air leak. I think it's preferable to plug each hole rather than run a crossover hose between the two TB's as technically they bleed air from each other that way.

John in PA said:
When you eliminated the can, did you plug the holes/hoses going to the throttle bodies? Otherwise you'll introduce an air leak. I think it's preferable to plug each hole rather than run a crossover hose between the two TB's as technically they bleed air from each other that way.

I was told the exact same thing from the Piaggio tech at the national rally. When I had him upgrade my map he noticed I had removed the canister. I ask which way was preferred, connected or plugged (mine is plugged). He said plugged is the way to go for the reason you stated.

Based on the diagram above (thanks Pete Roper), I had done the following:

Removed Canister #4
Removed Valve #7 and replaced it with a brass coupler
Connected #6 fuel line on each side of the canister with a brass coupler
Plugged #8 fuel line where it was connected to the canister
Plugged #8 fuel line where it connects to each throttle body.
Ran a new line from one throttle body straight across to the other.
I also removed the red plastic assembly with the spring/metal ball built into the fuel cap.

The bike started running rather poorly anywhere from 2000-4000 rpm. It sounded like it was missing terribly. Sputtering, etc. Above that rpm it seems fine.

I hooked everything back up, including the canister #4 and the valve #7. Initially, i.e. when cold it seemed to start running fine again. But it seems as it warmed up it started running poorly once again.

Not sure what is going on with it. It does have the remapped ECU but I did not notice any of these issues after I had initially installed the remapped ECU and taken it on a good long test ride.

Anyway I want to get all the vapor recovery stuff hooked back up and get back to a base state and go from there with my troubleshooting.

Attachments

• GU09000_66.gif
    GU09000_66.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 424
I would try removing the plug on #8 feul line where it was connected to the canister. You don't need a plug there; since that is the line that goes to the tb's, and you have it disconnected on the other end. Also, if you accidentally put the plug on the other line connected to the canister, that would explain the problem, I think.

The guys on this list know better than me, but I also wouldn't use the canister's vent line. Replace #7 with a coupler, and run the line from there to the ground, instead of from there to the front of the bike and down the vent line that was attached to the canister.

(Or, even better, attach a long line to #10, and run it straight to the ground.)

Why not just remove canister ,crossover from TBs and line to canister, drain line from canister, reroute fueltank vent to drain cluster at back of engine and block ports on TB manifolds. I left check valve in place as it works properly and have had no issues.
FBC

Back