• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anyone have a smoke machine?

Josh Harvey

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
I do. Used to have an auto repair shop.

Smoke machines help find vacuum and exhaust leaks, very valuable tools.

Just for grins, thought I would check my Audace. My dad has a 2014 California.

What a joke! Every slip joint on the bike was puking smoke. Smoke machines run low pressure too, can’t imagine what combustion pressures would do.

Long story short, this is why you get popping on the decel/overrun.

The loose fitting exhaust is only part of the popping issue.
The main issue is lean fueling from the factory.

What are the trailing throttle AFR readings? Almost every modern vehicles go from 16.0:1 to 20:0:1 (limit) during trailing throttle without popping.

Sounds like time for a GT-Rx ECU upgrade for you. That'll fix it.
It only has a slight crackle on low RPM decel. Actually sounds nice.

I’d love to see AFR readings before purchasing. My last bike was a RSV4 RF, a 2016. Conventional wisdom said that a remap or race ECU was necessary with a slip-on muffler. So I welded in bungs in the stock exhaust and the Arrow exhaust and ran my wideband in the real world. Both exhausts yielded identical readings under exact conditions (air temp, air density, route). Put a race ECU on, bike was super fat...12.0:1 all the time, cruise, full throttle, etc. The tuned ECU’s closely mimicked the stock ECU on the AFR table. Ignition was different.

What I was implying is that it's very hard to alter the air-fuel ratios for the various throttle openings/revs on the Magneti Marelli IAW 7SM ECU fitted to the Cali 1400. Obviously, Todd has the ability to do so, Rexxer is another possibility, although haven't heard many kind words said about the latter.

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of piggy-back systems. I wish I could write maps for this like I could for my V11 sport.

Todd's reflash is not a piggyback system. It is a new map.
Actually, my C14 system is a piggyback PC-V/AT-3 wideband. The fuel tables on the 7SM are cryptic, so I let the PC-V handle the fueling.

Like them or not, (facts are relevent, opinions are worthless), they work well and have proven stone reliable for me for 16+ years... and the product sits on the podium of most every AMA Pro event, and they have a Land Speed record in the 600cc class at Bonneville to name just a few.
I have them on every bike I personally own, and wish I could put them on the every bike I come in contact with. I won't debate that fact here, as it's a waste of my time as it was a decade and a half ago. Static ECU flashes using AFR data is decade old logic. Dynamic fueling is king.
My work on the C14 is well documented on this site; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gt-rx-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/

Back