• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anyone swapped levers?

Goodvibes

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I have my clutch/brake levers adjusted in as far as they can go. I'm going for some fatter handgrips which will likely result in the finger reach being a bit unnatural/uncomfortable. Any recommendations on replacement levers that have more inward compensation, great fit/finish, etc? There seems to be a ton of options out there.

Thanks.

I put a set of CRG levers on my LeMans perches. They are adjustible for reach and come in a variety of different anodized colors to match what ever?
Andy

I love the pazzo levers, there is a huge range of colour options, and they look great, along with being very adjustable to reach.

and click the image below to see the entire album of pictures.

I ended up buying a pair of used ebay china made adjustable levers for $25 on another site. All I can say is they work very well for me and the quality seems pretty good. Do a search on ebay under "Griso levers", new they are about $40.00. I would not hesitate to buy them again!

WARNING

Whatever levers you buy THERE IS A SMALL GRUB SCREW ON THE CLUTCH PLUNGER. This tiny screw needs to be removed before you can remover the clutch plunger from the factory lever and install it on whatever aftermarket lever you get.

Ghost_Bullet said:
I love the pazzo levers, there is a huge range of colour options, and they look great, along with being very adjustable to reach.
Looks great. Would you say the pazzo's have more inward adjustment than stock?

Went with the titanium/red shorties with 15-character engraving on the clutch lever. Will post back with pics and riding impressions.

Put the Pazzo's on and enjoy them very much. Perfect with the fat grips. Should have done this 14000 miles ago!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 677
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 678
Pazzo's here. They are a big improvement over OEM but, as posted earlier, the 'plunger' must be swapped over. That sucker can be a real PITA because it seems to have been installed with red locktite. The plunger, by itself, is an unobtainable part.

pyoungbl said:
Pazzo's here

. They are a big improvement over OEM but, as posted earlier, the 'plunger' must be swapped over. That sucker can be a real PITA because it seems to have been installed with red locktite. The plunger, by itself, is an unobtainable part.
My clutch plunger was easy. No Loctite was used at the factory on my Griso. Was careful not to lose that tiny hex grub screw and measured the installed length with a micrometer before and after.

I bought some orange Shinetrust ones from China. They are adjustable inwards, but I wish I had waited for the fold up ones...

Regarding the grub screw, mine was in so tight, and GLUED, so it was impossible to remove - the allen head just popped immediately. I had to unscrew the plunger with it in place, wrecking the thread, but it was still possible to put the plunger into the new lever. Not had any problems with this so far. Annoyingly, the plunger is not available as a seperate part (or wasnt for me) which is freaking ridiculous.

All ended well anyway, so I'm not fussed.

Goodvibes said:
pyoungbl said:
Pazzo's here

. They are a big improvement over OEM but, as posted earlier, the 'plunger' must be swapped over. That sucker can be a real PITA because it seems to have been installed with red locktite. The plunger, by itself, is an unobtainable part.
My clutch plunger was easy. No Loctite was used at the factory on my Griso. Was careful not to lose that tiny hex grub screw and measured the installed length with a micrometer before and after.

Unobtainium has become obtainuim

AF1 Racing Push Rod Adjuster for Clutch Levers (AF1-Brembo_Adjuster)

For member Nyuscdjs:

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 578
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 575
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 576
Hi,

I didn't only swapped levers, but also the rest what is on them... (exept bike...)
Due to the heavy engagement of my clutch, I bought a pair radial master cylinders from Aprilia.
Along with a few little fluid reservoirs in red (from the far east) it looks quite good.
I don't like the looks of those "high tech" levers. Not smooth enough and shorter.
If you think your clutch on your 8v engine is to heavy, it's going to get worse with those shorter levers.
And that little hard braking point isn't what I want.
With the smooth feeling of the brakes, the feed back is as smooth as velvet.

Ad B

Attachments

• Brake.jpg
    Brake.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 556
  • clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 556
  • nice setup.jpg
    nice setup.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 557
Ad B said:
If you think your clutch on your 8v engine is to heavy, it's going to get worse with those shorter levers.
And that little hard braking point isn't what I want.
While the shorties do require getting used to at first (2 or 3 fingers instead of 3 or 4), I found the increase in clutch pull effort to be minuscule (physics dictates greater effort with a shorter lever, finger placement on the lever being equal). I agree with Phang that each lever pin should be periodically greased to minimize wear and effort, and a fluid replacement won't make matters worse either. Braking effort is seemingly unchanged (as you would expect from a system with very little hydraulic extension) and actually feels more responsive. A real plus with these is the greater inward adjustment which was my main reason for going aftermarket (you can get the same adjustment with the long levers too). It's hard to explain, but the shorties just seem to be more 'accessible' IMHO.

Have uploaded a picture of my new griso levers. They are adjustable out for length and also up and down. Have a nice Moto Guzzi logo etched onto them. Yes they are chinese but are good quality. What a job changing over the levers. Brake went on fine but clutch was a different story. First of all the clutch pin was stripped so would not undo or tighten. Had to crack the nut. Was able to buy a new kawasaki pin for $17. The original was $40nz. The grub screw would not budge no how. Had to drill, retap and put a larger screw in. Dont you just love Moto Guzzi. I think its what we call character. Anyrate the new levers look muck nicer in black than the original alloy ones. The span is also more adjustable but watch out for the span being so close to the grips so as to not activate the microswitch.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!h4E1KrtE6UgBNYUPdu28g~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!h4E1KrtE6UgBNYUPdu28g~~_12.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 458
I realize the OP has already bought levers, but I figured I'd add my info here for anyone else who's looking.

I replaced mine with ASV F3 series unbreakable/adjustable levers (specifically part number BRF341-SK.. the SK designates shorty-black, but they can be had in other colors with various adjuster colors and regular length), and they are wonderful quality. About $40 cheaper than Pazzo also. The best selling point of these levers is that they come with a large variety of fitment hardware, including a new clutch lever rod so you don't have to swap anything over from your old levers! They are also infinitely adjustable, since they use a screw wheel with a spring-tensioned ball detent. This makes adjustments very fine tuned, rather than only having a selection of positions to chose from.

I've never felt that the clutch pull was too stiff.

_DSC0306.jpg

Back