• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace Courier Bags VS. Saddle Bags

Ken Wantje

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So I'm ready to add some luggage to my Audace and I've narrowed it down to Hepco & Becker's Courier Bags as my 1st choice and SW Motech also has a nice pair of Saddle bags I checked out at Americade this year. The H&B uses the C-Bow mounts and the only thing I'm reluctant about the C-Bow mounts is how far out they appear to put the bags from the fender. I prefer a close fit which is why the SWMotech saddlebags are my 2nd choice. Has anyone out there installed either of these products and if so could you post some pics from different views? I would love to purchase the original Moto Guzzi canvas courier bags but from what I've been told the mounting brackets are unobtanium and the bags are close to $1200 for a set vs $599 for H&B. Doesn't Moto Guzzi usually put something like the bags on deep discount close out since the mounting hardware is no longer available?

Attachments

• bc_hta_00_403_20x00_3_xl.jpg
    bc_hta_00_403_20x00_3_xl.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 7
  • bc_hta_00_403_20x00_4_xl.jpg
    bc_hta_00_403_20x00_4_xl.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 5
  • bc_hta_00_403_20100_1_xl.9696.jpg
    bc_hta_00_403_20100_1_xl.9696.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 6
  • MM645.19760001_d.jpg
    MM645.19760001_d.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 4
  • MM645.19760001_d1.jpg
    MM645.19760001_d1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
Good luck on your quest! I just acquired a 2016 Eldorado and was shocked to discover that almost everything accessory wise and especially bags and mounts, are no longer available. Apparently, the scuttlebutt on the internet seems to indicate that the supplier Moto Guzzi used, went out of business.

My bike has a beautiful set of the Moto Guzzi factory leather bags, but I would have liked to have mounted the painted hard bags. Unfortunately, it will never happen. So, I live with the beautiful leather bags. Things could be worse right? :D

I have the H&B bags with the c bow hardware on a 2016 Eldo. I agree that the bags stick out too far and at an outward angle to clear the shocks. I made a bracket from the inner fender to the locking part of the c bow that bring the bags in closer. The bags themselves are great they are easy on and easy off and very well made. I have the Nevada bags.

I am very happy to read this as I just ordered the C-bow system for my black and white 1200 Sport with these cases. Very excited. The metal is removable with screws and depending upon how I like the silver metal color on the motorcycle, I may have it painted white to match the bike pattern.

We’ll see!

65324291653  61FC059B 8ED7 4650 A420 C1E6DD2F03CB
IMG 1419

I would like to modify the brackets to get the bags a little closer to the fender but other than that I'm happy with the look and the overall quality is very nice.

20230627 172316

I did finally install the C-Bow Hepco & Becker Legacy Courier Bags on my Audace. I had to add an adapter plate to raise the bags up since they were resting on the mufflers and to bend them in at the top to close the gap. I do have a brand new spare bag available for sale in the classifieds here.

20230714 155439

I bought my Eldo in 2015 and ordered the Cali rack for it at the same time, the Cali brackets that came with the rack would not work because of the extra depth of the Eldo guard so I had to make up a bracket to fit, that's the first pic. Then I decided to add the Hepco & Becker bags, again at this time they were only available for the Cali so I had to add another bracket to make them fit. I was never happy with the gap between the guard and bags so made up some smaller L shaped brackets and did away with the support that runs past the shock. I doubled up all the L shaped brackets for strength and added an aluminum plate to tie it all together (I used aluminum and plastic sheet to mock it all up first). Only tools used throughout were a vice, a drill and a big hammer and a jigsaw for the plate. Hopefully all the pics help explain all this. I now have to have an extension on the key to be able to lock and unlock the bags to the mounts. The last ccouple of pics are with the Hepco & Becker sisssy bar and rack fitted, I've used a P clip to attach the support bracket for the Cali rack to the Hepco & Becker rack for extra support for the H&B rack. I've used this set up for a few years now without problems and I tend to overload the bags on occasion.

Attachments

• sb1.JPG
    sb1.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 5
  • sb2.JPG
    sb2.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 4
  • sb3.JPG
    sb3.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 4
  • sb4.JPG
    sb4.JPG