• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace Dart Fairing on a California 1400

SONZ

Just got it firing!
I removed the big California faring soon after I bought it. It caused lots of turbulence and I don't like looking through fairings. There is no Dart fairing listed for the California, so I decided to give the one sold for the Audace a try. In short it only needs a few alterations to fit. It provides a surprising amount of wind protection.

20230225 111507 20230225 111447

Last edited:
Hi Sons,

Is this the Dart Marlin Flyscreen (12.5" wide x 13" tal) or the small(er) one (10.75" wide x 10.75" tal))?
Can you elaborate on the needed alterations?

I have a 1400 Custom with the low sportscreen (13" wide x 8" tall ??). Though it does do a nice job of deflecting wind it is just not enough for me. The taller Marlin should do a better job.

Hello, it's a Dart Marlin. The alterations are to cut the tab off that sets the angle of the fairing and cut the end of the bracket off to remove the mounting hole. The fairing is attached using the existing slot which has the benefit of making it adjustable up and down. If you compare the picture of my fairing and the Dart picture of the Audace fairing hopefully that makes sense.

Attachments

• MG55-39.jpg
    MG55-39.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 7
IMG 3386 L

Hard to tell but are those cut and grind marks on the bracket edge?

I’m not a big windshield kind of guy on my cruisers although I like the fairing and windshield combo on my Norge and BMW K1600GT.

I do love the super clean lines look of your very first picture above.

If possible, I really would love to see some pics of the entire bike with this modification.

I really want to understand what you have created here and how to properly do it. I will just buy another bracket to modify and keep the original one for switching it back to stock.

Thank you!

IMG 3387

IMG 3388

I went searching and discovered the factory shield. Did you ever consider this one? Looks kind of like your Dart to me but clear instead of dark, and with the Moto Guzzi logo on it.

IMG 3389

Thanks for the clarification! Seems not that difficult.
It seems Dart does not produce the Marlin anymore but TLM in the Netherlands still has some in stock.

I now have the MG sports screen Scott is showing (picture attached). Unfortunately the holes in the windscreen do not have the same distance as the ones of the Marlin screen. Otherwise I could have used the existing brackets.

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpeg
    IMG_1414.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 13
Rob, do you please have a front and side view of that stock screen?

I would love to see what it looks like.

Thank you very much. 👍🙏😀

I love that! Thank you very much. 👍🙏😀

Now I need to find the part number for the tinted shield.
Scott
If you can't find one of the MG short screens, try Gustafsson bike screens: bikescreen.com.

They have several sizes in clear or tint for the 1400 including the short screen.
However, last time I tried getting another screen from him he did not return my call(s).

I like the OEM stuff also. The original MG screens are stil around (somewhere) however, the mounting brackets have become extinct.
I would have like to have the small one,
Part number of the tinted short windshield: SKU 2S000028

Last edited:
Back