• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace Hard Saddle Bags

gfeher

Just got it firing!
After searching the forums, for saddle bag options, and being disappointed by the only option being either the very expensive hepco becker(and honestly ugly bags), the ridiculously over priced moto guzzi soft bag, or the modified SHAD bags another user posted which while practical seemed to not fit with the bikes aesthetic. I went on the hunt to see if there was anything out there that was universal or meant for something else.

I ended up giving the large Viking bag shock cut out version a shot considering both bags and a universal mounting kit cost under $300.
This bag is originally meant for a harley soft tail, but the simple design with black leather in my opinion matches the bike perfectly.

I threw away most of the hardware that came with the bag as it wasn't applicable. Made a bracket that attaches to the stock bag mounting points under the seat, and another one that mounts to the lower exhaust support.

If the bracket doesn't brake in a couple of weeks and I don't loose the bags somewhere lol. I'll upload the design to thingiverse as it is 3D printed (I know, a questionable choice. I don't have access to metal machining ATM and protolabs wanted crazy money to mfg the bracket out of aluminum. I have stress tested the design and can support over 300lb and not show any signs of issues).

So far I'm loving the practicality of having storage on the bike, and low key admire it every time I get off of it. The bags are surprisingly well built for the price, have a lock, velcro, and outside is a fake buckle with a plastic clip. I don't know how waterproof they are but at the moment not a huge concern as where I am is mostly super dry. Time will tell how they hold up, but considering the all in cost for everything was about $320 I think it was worth it overall. Side

Attachments

• Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 21
  • MufflerBracket.jpg
    MufflerBracket.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 22
  • SeatBracket.JPG
    SeatBracket.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Side2.JPG
    Side2.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 23
  • UnderSeatBracket.jpg
    UnderSeatBracket.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 22
After searching the forums, for saddle bag options, and being disappointed by the only option being either the very expensive hepco becker(and honestly ugly bags), the ridiculously over priced moto guzzi soft bag, or the modified SHAD bags another user posted which while practical seemed to not fit with the bikes aesthetic. I went on the hunt to see if there was anything out there that was universal or meant for something else.

I ended up giving the large Viking bag shock cut out version a shot considering both bags and a universal mounting kit cost under $300.
This bag is originally meant for a harley soft tail, but the simple design with black leather in my opinion matches the bike perfectly.

I threw away most of the hardware that came with the bag as it wasn't applicable. Made a bracket that attaches to the stock bag mounting points under the seat, and another one that mounts to the lower exhaust support.

If the bracket doesn't brake in a couple of weeks and I don't loose the bags somewhere lol. I'll upload the design to thingiverse as it is 3D printed (I know, a questionable choice. I don't have access to metal machining ATM and protolabs wanted crazy money to mfg the bracket out of aluminum. I have stress tested the design and can support over 300lb and not show any signs of issues).

So far I'm loving the practicality of having storage on the bike, and low key admire it every time I get off of it. The bags are surprisingly well built for the price, have a lock, velcro, and outside is a fake buckle with a plastic clip. I don't know how waterproof they are but at the moment not a huge concern as where I am is mostly super dry. Time will tell how they hold up, but considering the all in cost for everything was about $320 I think it was worth it overall. View attachment 32329
Looks good Gfeher. I bought the Agostini bags for over a grand Can$. Nice bags, they never leak, but I like your deal better. What size are they?

You loose a little space though where the shock cutout is, which is unfortunate as my work laptop just wont fit because of that.

From the website:
Dimensions: 20" x 7" x 11.5" (L x W x H)
Storage Capacity: 1586 Cubic Inches (Pair)
Lid Opening: 12" x 6"

Screenshot 20230920 083138 Chrome

I bought a pair of the hard plastic bags for my 1972 Ambassador around 6 years ago. They worked great on it (using the factory bent flat iron brackets) for a couple of years. I then moved them over to my 2014 California 1400 Custom. Was able to find mounting points with the factory brackets (I did need to drill a couple of 1/4" holes with my drill press), but had vibration cracking issues twice. Last repair I had done I had the welder lay two 1/4" rods across the fracture point, and it was stable from then on. All in all, I'm happy with the experience considering what I saved in cost...

I bought a pair of the hard plastic bags for my 1972 Ambassador around 6 years ago. They worked great on it (using the factory bent flat iron brackets) for a couple of years. I then moved them over to my 2014 California 1400 Custom. Was able to find mounting points with the factory brackets (I did need to drill a couple of 1/4" holes with my drill press), but had vibration cracking issues twice. Last repair I had done I had the welder lay two 1/4" rods across the fracture point, and it was stable from then on. All in all, I'm happy with the experience considering what I saved in cost...
Do you have a picture of the orignial brackets by chance?

Do you have a picture of the orignial brackets by chance?
Umm, no. I moved and had the bike shipped, and so removed the bags. Haven't run across them yet in the unpacking. They were a very simple S shape, 1/4" mild steel, around 10" in length, maybe 4 holes on each end (it WAS a universal bracket after all)... Top attach point was up at the luggage rack, and the bottom point was at the passenger footpeg/exhaust bolt area...It was easy to drill later on. FWIW...

Jim

Back