• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Aus model Cali

MotoBazzi

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all, been kicking around the idea of maybe picking up Cali cruiser like this.
Good idea?
Problems?
Things to be concerned about?
Thanks for any input. 20231108 192551

Everything you need to know about the Cali can be found right in the Cali 1400 forum. This is where I went to read info before I went and bought my first one. Now with that being said, all that info went right out the door once I test drove it, I bought the bike right then and there and drove it home to which it promptly broke down on the side of the Interstate...where I dropped it....then it rained on me...Great time..good memories!!

Last edited:
ALL of your answers are in the 1400 section HERE. This is largely a self help website. You must spend a little time for yourself and read. I'll help on this one...

Yes thanks for that.
I was hoping that there may be a short list of things to look out for and save myself having to read 54 pages of posts. Anyway, I'll start reading.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Regards from Aus

Sounds like a nightmare start to Guzzidom for you.
Yes but I broke a cardinal rule of mine by not trailering a new toy home and go through it first then go for a ride
Once I replaced the old battery I did not have any other issues with the bike other than a couple of sweating O-rings on the head vents which took all of 30minutes to replace, OH!.. and the unsecured rear brake line that was rubbing against the tire ( had to replace both ). The 1400's are beautiful machines to which after my first Cali 1400 got totaled I had another one in my driveway within 6 weeks ( my son had to test drive that one as my arm was still in a sling )

Last edited:
Yes but I broke a cardinal rule of mine by not trailering a new toy home and go through it first then go for a ride
Once I replaced the old battery I did not have any other issues with the bike other than a couple of sweating O-rings on the head vents which took all of 30minutes to replace, OH!.. and the unsecured rear brake line that was rubbing against the tire ( had to replace both ).
Great story William, thanks for reaching out. I haven't even ridden one yet and may not be able to.
Most for sale adds now say No Test rides cause we've all heard the stories of low life scum that take the bike for a ride and never come back. What a world we live in now!

Yeah I've wanted one ever since I rode one.
Thing is I'm not gonna sell my existing 1400 (Suzuki GSX1400) as it's awesome.

If I had the money I'd have both for sure.

@MotoBazzi usually need to turn up with a pile of cash to do a test ride. A PITA sure but I'd never buy an expensive bike without riding it, to make sure it isn't toast.

Hi all, been kicking around the idea of maybe picking up Cali cruiser like this.
Good idea?
Problems?
Things to be concerned about?
Thanks for any input.View attachment 33079
I bought a used 2014 Cal Tourer during the height of Covid. It was in Tulsa, Oklahoma and I was in California. This website was invaluable with all its comments and tips. I was lucky to find the only Moto Guzzi mechanic in Tulsa (Mother Road Motorsports) and arrange with the dealer for him to inspect the bike and assure me that all was good before I bought it. I suggest you get a Guzzi mechanic to inspect it and then do a full service. Make sure the bike has two factory keys and that you know what the code numbers are to unlock the system if you need to get into it. There are pages of info on this site about recovering the code numbers, lost keys, etc. You will be very grateful to have this information and not have to go through a major hassle. Also, check out this site for the "Moaning Whale" fix so you don't have to smell gas for hours after a long, hot ride. Finally, I was lucky to have Todd Eagen and his crew work on my bike to upgrade it with the Power Commander, custom stainless steel exhaust, and suspension upgrades. All are important if you want to maximize performance an handling of this heavy bike. You can do this work yourself if you get the parts shipped to you and follow the instructions carefully and contact Todd with any issues that arise. Also, the H-pipe between the two exhaust pipes often cracks. GTM sells a replacement.
I love my bike. It is crazy powerful and a total blast to ride.

I bought a used 2014 Cal Tourer during the height of Covid. It was in Tulsa, Oklahoma and I was in California. This website was invaluable with all its comments and tips. I was lucky to find the only Moto Guzzi mechanic in Tulsa (Mother Road Motorsports) and arrange with the dealer for him to inspect the bike and assure me that all was good before I bought it. I suggest you get a Guzzi mechanic to inspect it and then do a full service. Make sure the bike has two factory keys and that you know what the code numbers are to unlock the system if you need to get into it. There are pages of info on this site about recovering the code numbers, lost keys, etc. You will be very grateful to have this information and not have to go through a major hassle. Also, check out this site for the "Moaning Whale" fix so you don't have to smell gas for hours after a long, hot ride. Finally, I was lucky to have Todd Eagen and his crew work on my bike to upgrade it with the Power Commander, custom stainless steel exhaust, and suspension upgrades. All are important if you want to maximize performance an handling of this heavy bike. You can do this work yourself if you get the parts shipped to you and follow the instructions carefully and contact Todd with any issues that arise. Also, the H-pipe between the two exhaust pipes often cracks. GTM sells a replacement.
I love my bike. It is crazy powerful and a total blast to ride.
I should add that it is the FACTORY H-pipe that often cracks. Although a replacement was available from GTM and is guaranteed for life, I saved my coins and bought the custom exhaust instead. And the 2 factory keys I mentioned are the ignition keys.
If you ride long distances much, consider getting a backrest and highway pegs. My bike is downright comfortable on long trips.

Everything you need to know about the Cali can be found right in the Cali 1400 forum. This is where I went to read info before I went and bought my first one. Now with that being said, all that info went right out the door once I test drove it, I bought the bike right then and there and drove it home to which it promptly broke down on the side of the Interstate...where I dropped it....then it rained on me...Great time..good memories!!
awe man, I feel your pain, but great way to look at it

Back