• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

B11 in Coma

Rafael

GT Reference
I was a couple of miles from home meeting friends on our way to Visalia CA. When I pressed the starter button the solenoid clicked and the dash suddenly shut down. I hit the kill switch and turned the key off. I started over again and nothing - dash is off, starter button does nothing, and driving light was off, but I noticed that emergency light button was on. When the key was turned off, after a couple of seconds the instrument needles would cycle thru as if it was just turned on, then after a couple of more seconds and this code: APSB 0016 would appear the bottom then face away. I called a local dealer and he didn't recognize it, so he called MG tech support and they didn't recognize it either. Also, we checked the relays for activity, when the key is turned 2 out of the 4 relays clicked. I checked all the fuses - they are all okay.

Anybody seen this code before?

Some folks at Visalia suggested that my battery crapped out, it's 2 years old BikeMaster but it seemed strong, so I'll start there. I did have a starter problem last week. Cleaning the wire connectors to the starter with DeoxIT seemed to cure it.

Any help is appreciated.

It is possible the battery has failed, but I suggest you check your battery connections. Remove them, clean and re-assemble. You may find the problem goes away.

If it doesn't turnout to be the battery or a loose battery connection, battery ground strap or a defective ignition switch then I owe you a 12 pack of your favorite beer.

I HAVE FOUND A FEW OF THESE,AND NORGES WITH LOOSE EARTH STRAPS, BEHIND THE STARTER MOTOR BLACK COVER.
FROM MEMORY THEY ARE ONLY AN 6mm BOLT SO NOT TOO TIGHT.
CHEERS

Okay, problem solved. Since I had checked connection and treated them with DeoxIT and the abrupt failure fooled me into not suspecting the battery or connections. Anyway it was the battery. I connected the cables to a Odyssey sitting on a crate next to the bike and varoom!

I checked, once again, the Odyssey battery sizes and none fit properly, one comes close. I don'e want to deal with stuffing an odd size battery in there.

Here's are some threads I should of found before I posted the question. https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/topic.html?t=6426&p=48443 & https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/topic.html?f=188&t=8191&hilit=battery

Any battery recommendations? Battery weight is not an issue for me.

I'm looking at the Yuasa High Performance Maint. Free AGM. YTX20CH-BS Also found a Xtreme Volts Yuasa XTX20CH-BS at a retailer but I don't see this battery on the Yuasa web site. I suspect its a discontinued battery.

thanks for all the replies.

I have Motocross batteries from batterystuff.com in my three bikes (and apparently available from other merchants, according to a quick search). Batterystuff says they are the same as Yuasas, same factory, etc. So far so good, and good prices.

Thanks gsf12man, batterystuff.com is a great website. Much more informative than the others I've seen. The price for the B11 battery is pretty good too, I also found the Yuassa for $10 more w/ free shipping as well.

The only difference I see between the MotoCross and the Yuassa is that the Yuassa comes dry and the consumer adds the acid and the MotoCross comes charged. I suspect that filling your own battery insures that you have a fresh battery, we can never be sure how long a presealed battery was sitting on the shelf. Most likely it makes no difference most of the time.

You're probably right about filling your own battery, Rafael. I would prefer to do it that way too but I was getting very price-sensitive after a very expensive Yuasa (from local dealer) died young on my Suzuki VX800. I think that was just a freak occurrence as I generally have good luck w/Yuasas. I usually buy locally but I needed to replace all three in short order so off to the internet! Putting the Motocrosses into service, I put each on a Battery Tender until the "charged" lamp came on, although I think they come with enough charge to start the bike. I give them frequent doses of Battery Tender, too, to see what if anything that does for longevity.

Tom

I prefer the Odyssey batteries. PC310 is smaller then the stock battery and should fit fine. I run my Daytona with one with no issues.

Tom, I ordered the MotoCross from BatteryStuff.com, I suspect it will get to me soon since they are on the west coast. I'm hoping they do enough business so that the bats don't sit around too long. I also want to compare it to the MP Yuassa in my buddy's guzzis.

guzzimoto, I would have gone with Odyssey if the + pole was on the Left. I didn't want to hassle with both the reverse poles and odd size. The CCR seemed too low and the price so high for a little one. I looked at their models with the + pole on the Left but they were too tall. The battery area on the Breva is very tight and congested with hoses and cables as well.

Back