• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Badge Removal

Landscraper

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey everyone!

Long time lurker, finally getting into the Guzzi fold this weekend when I pull the trigger on a 2016 V7 Stone.

Loved the 2015 bike, it would take a massive disappointment to call the sale off so I'm just going to go ahead and ask a question I'm dying to know how the badges are stuck on there!

Adhesive? Clips? Taking off the tank badges is usually the first thing I do for a bike unless they leave clip detents.

Anyone got a lead on this?

Great to join you, I've only had Honda twin experience until now (aside from some moped stuff). Looking forward to finally getting a fuel injected bike that I can use as a more transportation oriented (city commuting) motor ... not looking for a huge project, so this one's going to only get aesthetic mods for the first little while.

Thank you!

Welcome. What model and colour are you getting?

But those badges are beautiful and let the world know what you're riding. I'm proud to have them there.

If it is just adhesive I find a bit of heat from a hair dryer (something I don't need anymore) loosens the adhesive a bit. If it is double stick tape I personally have never done it but I have read of people using dental floss and carefully cutting the tape behind the emblem then removing the remaining side of the tape. Heat helps again. I would be too worried of marking the tank myself. Like Mr. Pootle says, I like the name on my bike. Though not enough to replace the scratched Norge emblem on my fairing for $67! The scratch is fine.

Welcome. What model and colour are you getting?

But those badges are beautiful and let the world know what you're riding. I'm proud to have them there.

:) I totally get it, but there is plenty of branding (seat) ... not to mention I'll be screaming "IT'S A GUZZZZZIIIII!" down the street, unsolicited at passers-by, and whenever I start it in the morning.

I'm leaning heavily toward a matte red Stone, but the grey has my interest as well.

If it is just adhesive I find a bit of heat from a hair dryer (something I don't need anymore) loosens the adhesive a bit. If it is double stick tape I personally have never done it but I have read of people using dental floss and carefully cutting the tape behind the emblem then removing the remaining side of the tape. Heat helps again. I would be too worried of marking the tank myself. Like Mr. Pootle says, I like the name on my bike. Though not enough to replace the scratched Norge emblem on my fairing for $67! The scratch is fine.

I have done a few badge removals on Triumphs like that ... a little heat from a hair dryer or heat gun and some judicious and careful plastic plaster knife prying ... naturally I'll be waiting a little while after buying the bike to get into it, just collecting the information and working up some nerve.

Anyhow! Thanks for your input everyone, I'll be back on Saturday with some pictures.

Awwww since you started it:

Back in the 70's I had a Guzzi 750 Ambassador. I got so tired of people asking me what kind of bike it was so I de-badged the whole bike including filling the valve covers.

Then when somebody asked me what kind of bike it was I'd say:
"1958 Honda. First one ever brought into the US but then it was called a Yamsuki-Doh. Never sold real well."

"1945 Harley proto-type. Built for desert warfare to compete against the BMW singles. War ended so it was never put into production."

"That thing? Aww hell it ain't got no name. Me 'n me brudders built it out of some old tractor parts & a frame we found in the dump".

Awwww since you started it:

Back in the 70's I had a Guzzi 750 Ambassador. I got so tired of people asking me what kind of bike it was so I de-badged the whole bike including filling the valve covers.

Then when somebody asked me what kind of bike it was I'd say:
"1958 Honda. First one ever brought into the US but then it was called a Yamsuki-Doh. Never sold real well."

"1945 Harley proto-type. Built for desert warfare to compete against the BMW singles. War ended so it was never put into production."

"That thing? Aww hell it ain't got no name. Me 'n me brudders built it out of some old tractor parts & a frame we found in the dump".

Ha! Good on you, I would do the same.

Maybe I can sweet talk my dealer into doing the deed before the bike leaves the lot. :)

Yeah I always get a kick out of it what they ask what it is who makes that and who I had chrome my tank for me. I thought of removing my tank badges just for a different look. I was going to use the dental floss or possibly fishing line.

Now if you guys with the retro style bikes want to have some fun then the next time you are in a gas station or biker hang out make like you are kick starting.

Stand on the left foot peg & get your right leg moving like you are bringing it up on the compression stroke then jump & slap your butt on the seat. Keep doing it until they start to walk over then on the final kick hit the starter button & ride off. Do not look back.

I do it on the Victory & the Mille GT a lot.

When Took my badges off. I was able to pry them off with my fingers and used the edge of a credit card to remove the adhesive. Then got a rag with some pure citrus oil and rubbed it over the spot to remove any left over sticky residue. The double stick tape wasn't very strong.

Now if you guys with the retro style bikes want to have some fun then the next time you are in a gas station or biker hang out make like you are kick starting.

Stand on the left foot peg & get your right leg moving like you are bringing it up on the compression stroke then jump & slap your butt on the seat. Keep doing it until they start to walk over then on the final kick hit the starter button & ride off. Do not look back.

I do it on the Victory & the Mille GT a lot.

Should be piping in the sounds of an old brit bike from a youtube video on your phone just to sound convincing.

T minus 12hr until it's time to make "the big internal transfer" and sign papers.

I inquired about a set of crash bars (because they're boss) and about buying that "light bull bar" from the scrambler kit a la carte to get the full demo-derby vibe going.

I'll post pictures tomorrow. Have to compare the grey and red in the flesh, in the sunlight together to really make up my mind.
A friend of mine will join (he's on a 2015, the one I rode extensively to make up my mind [that's a lie it only took one ride]).

Have to compare the grey and red in the flesh, in the sunlight together to really make up my mind.
A friend of mine will join (he's on a 2015, the one I rode extensively to make up my mind [that's a lie it only took one ride]).
My dealer had the full range of colours on the floor. I spent half an hour just walking round trying to get the light falling on them differently. Finally I decided, a Special in blue.
I went back for the service/oil change this week, and looked round again. I should have got the Stone in black...or perhaps in red...or maybe the Special in black and orange... or perhaps....
I should have let my wife choose.

Here she is, everyone! My ruby thing.

Tried to get my fingers under the badges at the dealer, could definitely peel them off with just a little careful finger work.

Attachments

• IMG_2595.JPG
    IMG_2595.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 17
Back