• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

bathurst 12 hour

Roblatt

High Miler
A Guzzi, a Bonnie, a Monster and a Victory set out on an adventure to watch the Bathurst 12 hour race. It was 6 days of searing heat. The coolest day was race day at around 35C, while we rode in temps between 38C and 44C.

Now this is a car race, not motorcycles so don't get too excited even though I was.

We left Melbourne on the Thursday and took the back roads all the way to Bathurst... well almost. We had to throw in 3 or four hours of freeway for the Victory - they don't turn too well.

As we rode into Bathurst, drama. The Victory broke down - apparently a fuel pump. Stranded, we called the local towie to take it to an auto electrician since so far it was only blowing fuses. Well, there it stayed until the owner returned later that week with car and trailer (apparently there was no fuel pump for that model on the register Australia wide).

Anyway, the trusty B11 took on a pillion, the trumpy took on extra luggage and the Duc... well it's good for going out for a coffee.

The rest of the weekend was hot, did I mention the heat! So much so that I broke my promise and rode the time in Bathurst in shorts and T shirt (one could get used to that). If the boss finds out, she'll do the damage to me.

Racing was excellent. A lot less people than the October main race, but much more refined and no bogans. The Gull wing Mercs had it sewn up until they struck trouble on the pit, then it looked like a Ferrari win until a drive though penalty. The McLarens were coming fast but so was the non factory Merc.. Yes it was a Maranello victory at the end but by 0.4 sec.

The highlight was the Arbath's. 3 pretty red and yellow things with two running around line a stern all day. Those things while the slowest on track for the day are seriously quick. They won their class (I think they were the only ones in the class) on their debut.

Lots of fun. Didi I mention it was hot.

Well the trip home was interesting. Said Victory owner didn't want to double up going home so we put him on a train. The temp was up in the low 40's again. 3 hours into our return trip, Mr trumpy noticed his bag open and ipad gone. We doubled back about 60k and found it.... thinner than from the Apple shop. Yes an 18 wheeler got to it. We could still see the tyre marks.

It was getting late and the sun was very low, still 41C and the Duc engine light came on, in the middle of nowhere. Well it wasn't red but orange so we pushed on. An hour later my lcd dash went funny and looked like a pacman game. We all had our issues and we all blamed the heat.

Next day, our last leg, we found some nice winding roads that made us all feel better again.

It was a great 6 days with great company. We all brought home made products to remind us of home while away - wood fired pizza, espresso and perculator complete with gas burner, vino, lemonciello, prosciutto, salami, capocolo. You get the drift, non of us are flyweights.

Total trip 2350km. Until next time, here are some pics....

Attachments

• bathurst 12 hr 2014 (22).JPG
    bathurst 12 hr 2014 (22).JPG
    684.4 KB · Views: 367
  • bathurst 12 hr 2014 (30).JPG
    bathurst 12 hr 2014 (30).JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 367
  • bathurst 12 hr 2014 (35).JPG
    bathurst 12 hr 2014 (35).JPG
    610.4 KB · Views: 367
  • bathurst 12 hr 2014 (41).JPG
    bathurst 12 hr 2014 (41).JPG
    496.1 KB · Views: 366
  • bathurst 12 hr 2014 (43).JPG
    bathurst 12 hr 2014 (43).JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 366
  • bathurst 12 hr 2014 (1).JPG
    bathurst 12 hr 2014 (1).JPG
    589.1 KB · Views: 368
Was it hot? :whistle:

Nice post, thanks. Which model Victory does your mate have? They actually handle quite well for a cruiser/bagger. The new Indians even more so.

So you're rubbing it in that your Guzzi made it without incident, yes? I'm good with that. B)

Todd, he rides a Vegas with only 6000kms on the clock. We didn't rub it in because it could've been any of us, machinery is machinery.

I could've written a small book on the trip but the hardest part was choosing photos to post up.

cheers

Robert

Roblatt said:
Todd, he rides a Vegas with only 6000kms on the clock. We didn't rub it in because it could've been any of us, machinery is machinery. I could've written a small book on the trip but the hardest part was choosing photos to post up.
Thanks, a Vegas with that fat rear tire? Probably their worst handler.

I bet you could've based on the highlights. You can always post more.

Nah, posting more would just be gloating on my part at the expense of those in the Northern Hemp going through winter. I can see all those poor pasty eyes looking out their windows longing for riding weather.

I'll just go for a ride and hope they can feel my glee.

cheers

Robert

Back