• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Battery cable terminals orientation – Mad Hatta!’s bike

Phang

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
While drooling at the photos of your Griso in the Griso Picture Thread :woohoo: , I noticed the orientation of your bike's battery cable terminals is different from mine and the one in workshop manual.

I know there are no hard and fast rules on how you should place the terminals as long as it works and you feel comfortable, but I am concern the way of your battery cable terminals connected to the battery may stress the terminals and cause breakage to it in the long run.

The battery compartment on Griso is a tight fit and has not much space to spare. If you look at the underside of the seat pan, it has two carefully thought out recesses mould into it to clear the battery terminals and cables when the seat is installed if you install them as per the service manual way.

Phang

DSC06881.jpg

grisobatteryterminals.jpg

Yeah, I was going to say that!

I only recently changed mine which came with them fitted the same as Mad Hatta!'s. In my case they were catching on the bodywork and, as you suggest, every time the battery was moved the connectors were being stressed. I only noticed by chance looking at the service manual and then spotted those grooves under the seat to confirm they should be the other way round. I was cursing my dealer on the assumption that it was his doing when he prepared the bike for sale.

David

That's also the way it came to me.

I always thought it didn't look exactly right, but I left it that way because that's how it came.

Lesson learned: If it doesn't look right, it probably isn't so, check the manual.

Alternately, ask the forum, because there will be people who know.

-Jack (this bike's former owner)

Mine were fitted correctly, but possibly through some hand fistedness on my part I managed to stress and snap one of the cable ends where it bends through 90 degrees through repeatedly pulling out the battery whilst all connected up. So care defiantly required there.

I had enough tag left on the cable end to bend and drill it to reattach.

both my terminals cracked then broke . i run a ribbon around battery for easy pulling the battery out .

Back