• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Beautiful day

Nick-in-PRC.

Tuned and Synch'ed
Yesterday spend a good portion of it riding around the Santa Monica Mountains on the Centauro. Only saw one other Guzzi all day and that was in my own garage, nothing on the road or at Neptunes Net or at the Cock Store.

You'd have seen some Guzzi's if you went to Lake Elizabeth instead. Ten of us - three on Guzzi's - rode out there via Angeles Forest Highway and had a great day. Unfortunately one got a ticket on Lower Big Tujunga on the way back.

Or up to Carpenteria on the 150. Saw, a grey Breva going west as I was going east.

However, it was a glorious day.

stmike said:
You'd have seen some Guzzi's if you went to Lake Elizabeth instead. Ten of us - three on Guzzi's - rode out there via Angeles Forest Highway and had a great day. Unfortunately one got a ticket on Lower Big Tujunga on the way back.

A ticket..?

For what offense, if I may ask...

---

stmike said:
The offense was crossing the double yellow to pass a car.

How was he spotted to be caught & ticketed..?

I'm assuming that the car he passed was not a CHP... :cool:

Bear in the Air..?

---

No helicopter, in fact no CHP. A ranger was hiding and saw him just as it happened. Hopefully the ranger won't respond to a trial by declaration.

When are you going to bring that pretty CX100 up here and ride with us, Mike?

10-12 years ago, I was cited for the same thing. You pay the fine and that's it; no infraction on your record and no notification to your insurance carrier.

Presumably no reporting to the state because it's a federal ticket? Wonder if the policy is the same now as 10-12 years ago. Did the ticket look markedly differnt from what we are used to seeing form the local/state LEO? I would expect this to be an expensive ticket-but much less so in the long run if in fact not reported.

It's too long to be sure, but I'm thinking that it didn't look quite the same. I *am* sure it'd get expensive if you blew off paying it. My recollection is that back then it was for $45, while other tickets' fines started at ~$100 or so. Mine was such a boneheaded infraction I wanted to pay the ranger right then & there!

stmike said:
When are you going to bring that pretty CX100 up here and ride with us, Mike?

One of these weekends, when I have a day off.... :cool:

---

Ran up the hill yesterday to check ou the newly reopened stretches of Angeles Forest & Angeles Crest. Road really in very good condition by & large, & except for a couple of short streches quite clean as well, in fact much better than much of Upper Big T is these days. Plus, since still closed from La Canada, almost no traffic. Newcomb's was open, too. Gonna be going back up plenty. Didn't go above Newcomb's but from what I hear closed not too far up. I would guess will likely stay that way till the spring.

I just got back from Newcomb's. Bob, it was pretty much like what you described, except the wind hit kind of hard around a few corners, and there was some construction dirt around one of the eastbound rights in the Steps. Still another beautiful day, though, and I'm glad I went. Can't go tomorrow -- a wisdom tooth's getting pulled, and I'm guessing some meds'll be involved :blink:

mohawkeye said:
I just got back from Newcomb's. Bob, it was pretty much like what you described, except the wind hit kind of hard around a few corners, and there was some construction dirt around one of the eastbound rights in the Steps. Still another beautiful day, though, and I'm glad I went. Can't go tomorrow -- a wisdom tooth's getting pulled, and I'm guessing some meds'll be involved :blink:

Lots, enjoy.

Lots, enjoy.
Got 'em. Doc says to stay off the Hydrocodone until bedtime and stick w/Aleve during waking hours. The other upper wisdom tooth was yanked in Stockholm 41 years ago :huh: and was not even close to today's ordeal. The doc had to use an electric saw to take part of the chipped tooth off and spent what felt like 45 minutes getting the convoluted roots out. Definitely not fun in the chair. There's a good-sized hole there, and I've got ten days of Amoxicillin to take also :pinch:

mohawkeye said:
10-12 years ago, I was cited for the same thing. You pay the fine and that's it; no infraction on your record and no notification to your insurance carrier.

Really?? In Indiana, it's reckless driving with *all* that entails. I've always been spooked when riding with you yahoos passing on the double yellow.. :D

stmike said:
No helicopter, in fact no CHP. A ranger was hiding and saw him just as it happened. Hopefully the ranger won't respond to a trial by declaration.

I just got off a ticket I got when Pete was here by trial by declaration, they sent me the case dismissed letter, but seem to be holding on to my funds... You can also request a court venue other than what the officer puts down. I got one up in the hill, but requested Chatsworth court, cop was a no show.

Trials by declaration are always a very worthwhile way to go, and seem to be successful about half the time, as the officer's written response is necessary and they often don't seem inclined to provide one. And another good thing about them is that even if you don't get a dismissal, you still have the opportunity for a court trial at which the officer may not show up. Unfortunately, at least in SoCal, officers have recently become subject to punishment for not showing up to trials which makes it harder on us guys just trying to go out and have some fun.

Back