• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Best slip-on exhaust for B11?

upsided

Just got it firing!
Please share your experiences, pics, vids on slip-on exhausts for the B11.

Thinking about getting one. So far Staintune seems to be a good option.
What adjustments (if any) need to to made after...or should I believe the manufacturer's "...just bolt-on and go!!" proclamations?

Thanks!!

Strewth mate, that's a bit of an open ended question.... however FWIW here is some info

1) On the B11 I have never seen any reports of fueling problems after putting on an aftermarket exhaust. That is not to say that the fuelling is perfect, just that there should be no adverse effects. Having said that we recently were forced to use 91octane fuel while away and the bike was not a happy chappy. The Power Commmander V will fix any issues and improve the fueling.

2) If you are going to go replace teh catalytic converter colostomy bag with a crossover pipe as I have done be careful with fit - Staintune and Stucchi requrie modification to go together. Others combinations will slip right in so to speak.

some info from the old/old/old board is here:

Agostini

Xenarchi's decision

Here are some pics of the Staintune and Stucchi Crossover.

Thanks Mike.

I figured there might be a ton of info on the old forum - thanks for the link.

Will digest...

:)

I went with a Mistral. No remapping required, and it has a really sweet baritone exhaust note.

Agree Staintune is excellent product and my Breva 1100 runs fine without any pinging or fueling problems.Motor is otherwise standard and I always use +95 octane.I have the "restrictor" removed as the exhaust note with it in is not that much different from standard.Without baffle the note is more Guzzi throb with a nice sound on overrun and when getting above 5000 revs.All of this is relative as my Ducati GT with Termis is twice as loud and definately sounds better.On a trip I would rather have the quieter Breva note which is definately less tiring on the ears after a few hundred km.I havent heard any other alternative pipes as there isnt that many Guzzi Breva's around here so I can only comment on the Staintune

A lot of folks like mistral but I worry about the MOT and the cops with an exhaust at 90 decibels without baffle 80 with baffel. I wonder how many decibels the oem is 70? Some Stevio folks thought mistral to loud. Here are some pics

rdbandkab wrote:
Is there a cross over that'll bring the exhaust out on the CARC side?
NeroGuzzi responded:
Talk to Todd (RacerX on this forum).
Thanks guys, love to put a GT-Rx R/S on a Breva.

cloudbase wrote:
I went with a Mistral. No remapping required, and it has a really sweet baritone exhaust note.

Which Mistral did you get?
Did you just get the silencer? I gather you don't need a crossover at all.

Have you experienced any issues with it?

Cheers!

I went with the stainless one. It's not much different looking than the OEM, and didn't require any changes to the crossover. No issues with it yet, and it still sounds great, and it's not so loud that it attracts unwanted attention.

cloudbase wrote:
I went with the stainless one. It's not much different looking than the OEM, and didn't require any changes to the crossover. No issues with it yet, and it still sounds great, and it's not so loud that it attracts unwanted attention.

Thanks! Check your Inbox.

Back