• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Blisters in paint on gas tank??

no, i wasn't aware of one. it didn't show it. do you have a link?
this came out from a outfit in germany. the bra is made in france.
is that why it has those tab?
i found out the info after a little research. i have a bagster tank bag on the way. now more waiting, coming from france...

It looks like it has the attachment points for a tank bag. I have the factory cover and tank bag so I can't help you on finding the after marked one.

It looks like it has the attachment points for a tank bag. I have the factory cover and tank bag so I can't help you on finding the after marked one.
I found out all the info. thanx. the clips in back and the rotary lock clips up front are for bagster tank bags. here is the one I got. the xsr-300. this model will expand out and fit a whole helmet. nice

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-07-10-08-43-02.png
    Screenshots_2022-07-10-08-43-02.png
    640.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220710-113023.png
    Screenshot_20220710-113023.png
    318.4 KB · Views: 2
bubbles have gotten worse. tank cover is on. i did a thread on it. unable to bolt it down due to expansion.

Attachments

• 00472520-8440-44E5-9EC3-732C9004A9CE.jpeg
    00472520-8440-44E5-9EC3-732C9004A9CE.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 4
I’ve written on this before but I’ll do it again.

You need a small ratcheting strap.

Using a bath towel to cover the tank, wrap the tie strap from the front of the tank to the back where the mounting hole is. Place the strap on the back side of the mounting tab so it will pull/compress there and the ratcheting mechanism to either side of the tank so it is out of the way of the mounting hole.

Being sure that you have a thick enough towel to protect your tank, gently ratchet the strap a click at a time to bow the tank mounting hole into alignment with the frame bolt tunnel.

Insert your bolt and tighten. Then release the ratchet strap.

Voila!

I have done this MANY times without incident. You really only end up deflecting the tank by millimeters and no harm comes to it so long as you ratchet 1 click at a time until you get the alignment you really need to refit the bolt.

Zip ties are not a safe mount for the fuel tank.

If you have a winter non riding season, you can empty the fuel tank completely and air dry for the winter and the tank will naturally return to shape as the water contained in ethanol fuel, leaves the nylon.

Last edited:
I've changed hundreds, mostly warranty. To get tank forward I cut 2pcs of 1X6 to fit like a tent w/a peak. One on back of tank & one up against the fender area by the fuseblock. Push down on peak and it goes right up in place. Not a tall peak but short.

Back