• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bobber Catalytic Converter Removal

Gezza

Just got it firing!
I have searched the forums but can't find the answer to this question, lots of information about Evap Canister & SAS removal but not this:

On the standard pipes for a V9 Bobber (2017 Australia) where exactly is the Catcon located ?

My other questions are; can it / should it be removed and if so will it require a remap ? (for context I will probably fit Agostini slip-ons to the exhausts).

If I've missed a thread that answers the question then my apologies and thank you for your patience.

I believe that the catalytic converter is located inside the exhaust mufflers.
Inside the mufflers or inside the pipes ? by that I mean that I call the mufflers as the removable rear end of the exhaust and the pipes as being the end nearest the engines.

On my 2017 V7 III the cat con is in the muffler as you define it. Changing them will obviously remove it.
However, if you do, it will change the tune of the bike and I strongly suggest that you get a fuel remap from GTM to suit the new mufflers. And so while you are at it, you might as well remove the SAS, etc. It all works together for a much better tune and performing bike and riding experience. It made the world of difference on my V7.
All the info you need is in these forum threads - try this one for a start - https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gtm-ecu-v7-v9-flash-tool.15044/
Cheers.

If it’s like the V7 then there’s one cat in each muffler and one in each header from what Todd has said over in the V7 850 performance mods thread

One in each muffler on my v7 Euro 4 - why they were so heavy! Maybe different on v9... I have not checked? The forum threads should tell you.

My best efforts have not, repeat not, provided the information I asked. I did search and I have read and re-read the threads as I stated. I know about the SAS removal and the Evap canister removal but nowhere that I could find does it mention specifically where the Catcan actually is (admittedly my search skills are poor and the site does sometimes disregard search terms it does not like) hence my question. Also, respectfully, if it has been covered before and you are aware of that thread then could you please direct me to it.

On my 2017 V7 III the cat con is in the muffler as you define it. Changing them will obviously remove it.
However, if you do, it will change the tune of the bike and I strongly suggest that you get a fuel remap from GTM to suit the new mufflers. And so while you are at it, you might as well remove the SAS, etc. It all works together for a much better tune and performing bike and riding experience. It made the world of difference on my V7.
All the info you need is in these forum threads - try this one for a start - https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gtm-ecu-v7-v9-flash-tool.15044/
Cheers.
Thank you Andy, I am aware of that thread and I will indeed be purchasing the ECU tool at a future date (not long) but that thread still didn't answer my question although you did, thank you again

Back