Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum, by FACT NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - it should be common sense, but sadly needs to be stated; BE COURTEOUS! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Breather system, 1990 Cali, with pics

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by Dr. Jake, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Dr. Jake

Dr. Jake Just got it firing!

Hi there

Recently aquired 1990 carbed cailfornia with some issues. Elictrical fixed and ready to go. Carburettors off for cleaning. It has the original airbox. The breather system does confuse me though:

[​IMG]
    First image shows the fat crankcase breather hose going to the top of the frame. Also the head vents going to the crosspipe of the frame. Bottom right shows broken connection to airbox - this was just lying there on the top of the gearbox: Not good :worried:. The split breather hose comes from the top of the frame just forward of the crankcase breather, runs to the airbox (AFTER the airfilter) and the down back the gear box to open air.

Even if it wasnt broken this doesnt seem like a very clever idea. It permits the engine to suck unfiltered air from right in front of the rear wheel. I tend to like my air filtered :nerd:.

Questions: Is this really the original setup:wondering:
    What can I do to remedy the flaws of the system?? I think of blanking the bottom of the airbox and just putting af small filter on the frame vent that now goes to the bottom of the airbox and atmosphere.
    [​IMG]

Thank you

Jake

Attached Files:

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Yes that is the original setup. I've had several with that system and it seemed to work well. I see no need to modify the system, just repair it.

Amboman likes this.
  3. Dr. Jake

Dr. Jake Just got it firing!

Thank you. Still I don’t like the idea of unfiltered air in my intake. But nice to know it is supposed to be that way

If I bring it back to original state I guess I can put a small filter on the “exit”-hose

Jake