• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1100 --> Ignition --> cable to internal/external plug

vincedeguzzi

Just got it firing!
GT Famiglia
Hello

Does anyone knows why the 2 cable from the double bobine ignition cannot be exchanged?

I found in a guzzi document:

To avoid fast wear of the platinum electrodes

of the internal plug, it is important not to switch

The high tension cables on the bobine

(cable with red marking – external plug)

Maybe because of the english, I not understand. But what is the reason, that the 2 cables cannot be exchanged? It's for the same cilinder, and I think it fires add the same time.

Thanks for any answer......
regards from Switzerland,
Vince

Just guessing but the different lengths
give you very slightly different firing timing so the shorter one fires first.

I think its because the ignition coil secondary winding fires both the inner plug (platinum) and the outer plug simultaneously therefore one end is negative and the other positive. When the spark happens there is a tiny amount of metal transfer and as the inner plug is platinum and expensive you don't want it wearing away too quickly. I believe this is why cars went from positive earth to negative earth in the 60's. If you remember "points " on cars, one side would pit and the other side would build up and you had to file the points to get them flat. You can change the HT leads but the "red" from the coil must go to the outer plug.
Kevin

Hello. Thanls for your helo and asnwers.

The problem is, the red mark is on the cable itself and not on one of the outputs of the bobine.
I also wonder, why the 2 out puts look exactely same, please see the pic below.
they not have any difference, nothing. really strange..............................

Bobine breva1100

best regards
Vince

On my coil packs there is a red dob of paint marking which red lead should plug into it. On the left it is the lower socket and on the right it is the upper socket. You can see it from the side as it is mounted on the bike.

Hello Kevin

I do not have this red mark on the bobine itself, (only on the cable of the externe plug) but because I took some pictures some years ago, I know that it was like you described it. Thank you.

regards
Vince

Perhaps the angle of the plug caps drive the location, along with the plug type. The external angle is 90 degrees the internal is 135 degrees, from memory. Maybe it's Italian for FIIK?

Back